New Guy Need Real Help !

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Iceberg,

your right that what I have: ok to make sure :

Motor angle: 48 degrees
Dish angle: 23.5 degrees
and the dish is pointing at 196 degrees.

I'm using a WE International KU LNBF (I have no idea what to blug in in my menue) is that a UNVERSAL or standerd and if not what the freq?

thanks sooo much

hmmm didn't work .... I'm reading through what you guys told me and some numbers are diffrent from on another ..... just to make sure I have the right number )for one last time )sorry.

numbers on the dish?
numbers on the Motor?
the dish should be pointing to what degree?
I'm going crazy

Thank you

Thank you guys for all your help ... I will try with out the motor tomorrow....

I have it set up to south right now and I have very good signal from my meter but when I try to work with the reciver I get nothing !?

maybe I have the antana set up wrong in the reciver ... any one know how to set up a Coship CDVB2300 with a WE International KU LNBF .

if I do it without the motor where do I need to set everything to get the T5 ?

thanks agian ....

What kind of signal meter are you using? Those SF95 meters are garbage. Better to use a small tv with your receiver. I'm just waiting for my stuff to arrive and I'll be asking for help. While we are at it, anyone know what the settings for true south in Toronto Canada?

Your true south bird would be AMC 5 at 79w
Lat. N=43.4 Long.W.=79.2
Elevation without a motor= 40 deg.

Motor elev= 47 deg
Dish elev. (when used with motor)= 23 deg

Distance to satellite = 37790km (not needed)

I would aim for Empire sports

11808 freq.
H
4164 s/r

PSB, will let you know what happens...have a tree blocking my AMC 5. Any other options?

Big saw!
Or try SBS6 at 74w

ONN
H

Then you can balance it out later on your far away satellites to the east and west.

OR you can use USALS to motor to a satellite to the east or west of the tree and line it up that way, but I have never done that, but other members have had success.

PSB, looks like i might need to use 82 or 91w as my true south. Can see anything beyond those.

Bummer, if you have a DBS LNB use that then, as I know you know they are DBS.

PSB said:
Bummer, if you have a DBS LNB use that then, as I know you know they are DBS.
Too cold and windy to do anything more on my balcony...well i have some luck using diseq 1.2. I'm able to pull in T5, so now trying to find other sats and manually setting them up.

Well success, my dish and motor is now up and running. My true south is a bit off but using 1.2 allows me to move and find the sat. Damn, so many FTA channels. Now its time to clean up my wires and figure out how to ground my dish in a damn apartment.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)