New Guy Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

MGeneva

Original poster
Oct 27, 2008
New York
Hi everyone -

I'm new to Satellite Guys so first off, hello! Secondly, I hope I'm posting this in the correct place on the forum.

I'm curious about the Elgato TV tuner stick.

I'd like to be able to use my computer monitor as my TV (I have a 30" Apple Cinema Display) and am contemplating buying one of these. Has anyone here got any first hand experience with one? And, if so, what are your opinions?

Thanks!

I have one of the eyetv hybrid tuner sticks and I love it!

It can tune in OTA Analog and Digital with ease, plus works great on cable and can even tune in digital cable (QAM) channels which are in the clear.

The software is amazing, and I use it all the time to record shows and it records in full hd. It even sends the video files to my iPhone. It even has a scheduler in it so you can schedule shows from remote from TitainTV.

I have owned a lot of TV tuner cards over the years but this is clearly the best one I have ever owned.

Awesome, that's really what I was hoping to hear. It's just nice to get some real world user feedback. I was optimistic but it pays to talk to people. For $150 it seems like an amazing little device with some stellar software.

Thanks so much. I was looking for a reason to bite the bullet on this one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts