New H10 Firmware Update

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

fkostyn

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 9, 2004
I just recieved an update last night on the H10 box, my firmware was updated to v 0.4.33 (I belive) from 0.4.03

Favorites problem is fixed.
Guide is SIGNIFICANTLY (or amazingly) FAST
Channel tuning is faster.
So far no more problems with the HDMI port (will have to report back)

The font size for the guide has been increased - making it much easier to read. The guide/menu's blue appears to also have been brightened up a bit, making things easier to read.

However, no active support yet :( at least not that I can figure out.

Anyone else recieve an update yet?

Not yet. Wish I did. :(

Just as a side question, was your phone plugged in at the time? Someone else mentioned D* told them they wouldn't get the update if the phone was plugged in.

I did not have the phone line plugged in... ohhh.. wait, maybe it won't crash with unknown phone numbers anymore

I did have to go through and re-do all of my settings (dish type, local channels, etc)

I went through all of the initial setup procedures and called level 2 tech support and still no signal on local ota channels

Where is the firmware version in the menu? When I hit menu all I get is quick menu and I've checked every screen but no firmware version?

I do get the upgrade my hdmi is still screwed up after sending me 2 new boxes, also the guy with ota problems, i added a radio shack 59.00
6ft outdoor antenna and all is good, i will be adding a rotor for it

also sold my 3 voom boxes on ebay for 70.00 each, i don't know why anyone would buy them

barter.w.me said:
I went through all of the initial setup procedures and called level 2 tech support and still no signal on local ota channels

I think your issue might be unrelated to the firmware update. I had my H-10 for about 2 weeks and suddenly became unable to tune any OTA channels. I mean had zero signal for every OTA channel via the H-10 whereas they were perfect going right into my TV. It was not even attempting to work. I spoke with D* and got a new H-10 fedexed. So far so good but it was quite an annoying few days.

prellinger,

I have bought Voom boxes off of eBay for the OTA HD tuner. Our local cable company does not offer all the locals in HD, specifically FOX, which means no football in HD from FOX from the local cable company. The Voom boxes offer a cheap way to get OTA HD compared to buying a new box just for OTA HD which are around $300.

Chris

H10 upgrade

FYI - 2 days ago D* had an H10 upgrade. Only 1 satellite is recognized. To have receiver recognize the other 2 satellites, you must repeat setup. This may save you time with customer service.

i still dont have the upgrade, do i have to go thu the setup
i unplug it and also left it on all night but no upgrade....help

When they gonna send to East Coast??? I need a brighter screen..heh

Since the Moderator closed my Thread of the non H10 update, I have pasted here.

BTW I have the DTC-210 SW Version 1.0.14. Last upgrade 10/20/04 3:25a, no phone hooked up.

Today, I noticed my Guide graphics really cleaned up. Looks like they are at a higher rosolution. Same effect as changing resolution on PC monitors in windows. Anyone else notice this or did my 16 month old make changes I'm not aware of :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)