New HD Channel on VOOM: Equator HD to start 6/15

WHy not just add the content of this new channel to something like Rush (it is adventure type destinations isnt it?) so that we end up with at least one exclusive channel with a full amount of content and not repeat after repeat of gravity games and moto pig? No, but then we would not be wasting bandwidth, and have a real channel, that would make too much sense. Sorry, forget my silly ideas. Who am I to disagree with the marketing/sales geniuses that have managed 10k customers in 6 months and locked voom into the coveted sales floors of Sears. LMAO

I know that all the transponder space is filled, Ive heard it over and over again. But what upsets veiwers the most is repeats. I think VOom should concentrate on creating a handful of channels that would ultimately be coveted by other providers. Channels with content, non repetitive content. Then grow more into 21 of them. what they have done is put an impossible task infront of them. Sort of like starting 21 bank accounts with 100 dollars in each and trying to grow each one into a fortune. Meanwhile the clock is ticking. If your waitress poured one drop of drink into everyones glass at your table one after another until all were filled would you stick around for her to finish? I think we would all leave. But if she poured each one slowly until completely full, I think we would tolerate that. Did FOX try to make 21 different networks at once when it began? Nope. Get a clue Voom, give me 10 great channels not 21 empty ones. 10 now then grow another and another one at a time.

When I read the article that 'cpdretired' posted, it looked as if it was a six part series. That's not enough for a new channel. If this article is reffering to the same "equator" series, this has to be a new program as opposed to a new channel .

vurbano:

I agree as far as content is concerned.

There is really no need for new HD channels when the content on the current HD channels is pretty much all in re-run mode.

Except for sports, which ESPN needs to start adding many more baseball games for their HD content.

Why don't we just wait to see what it is... It looks like there are going to be a lot of changes. This is a new channel but it will not be an addition to the 21 exclusives. I think one channel will be replaced (my opinion). True, a six part series is not enough to fill the content of one channel; so I am guessing that they know that as much as we know that and there's more than a six part series.

Was this the promo that had the ultra lite flight footage?????

If so............... the PQ was phenominal. :) Very film-like :D

To be perfectly honest the PQ on the other HD channels really ISN'T HD. It's more like HQ SD. :mad: I was trying to decide if my eyes were going 'south' and then I saw that promo clip and I know that Voom can (when they want) generate some VERY good video. I hope this new channel holds up over time. I WANT HD!!!!! not the current crap that Voom is putting out.

I'm still fairly unimpressed with Voom overall, so they better get their act together or I'm going back to D and try their HD. :confused: !protest

Regards
JohnG

johnnymg2 said:
To be perfectly honest the PQ on the other HD channels really ISN'T HD.

Regards
JohnG

John,

to be honest with you, your statement is taking this PQ issue to the extreme. I disagree with you completely. Those HD channels are not as you pointed out SD.

barth2k said:
Actually they don't make claims about PQ, just the most HD available.

If the PQ is so bad, I ask the question last night while the Piston vs Indiana game on ESPN-HD where are the subtle PQ problems. Nobody seem to want to get on a debate with me last night regarding this game on ESPN-HD. I was watching both E* and V* doing A/B comparisons and did not see difference in the PQ on both providers.

This is the thread where I asked:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=15839

This is a good comparison to make because these are HD video games in two different providers.

I saw the promo on HDN last night and it definitely said a new CHANNEL. Cool.

As far as the repeating of material goes, that's fine with me for now since I don't have time to watch it all anyway. Once they have the PVR out, it will be a moot point anyway.

johnnymg2 said:
To be perfectly honest the PQ on the other HD channels really ISN'T HD. It's more like HQ SD. :mad: I was trying to decide if my eyes were going 'south' and then I saw that promo clip and I know that Voom can (when they want) generate some VERY good video. I hope this new channel holds up over time. I WANT HD!!!!! not the current crap that Voom is putting out.

I'm still fairly unimpressed with Voom overall, so they better get their act together or I'm going back to D and try their HD. :confused: !protest

Regards
JohnG

John,
you definitely should go back to D* and try their wide selection of HD channels. You will be back to Voom very quickly if indeed you are interested in HD not in 250 SD channels.

I have D*, V*, and Comcast cable (for variety of reasons) and I watch V* 95% of the time. I don't even do A/B's anymore because the PQ is so comparable that it would be a waste of my time.

Unless you cant live without HDNET...then there is no reason to go back to Directv for HD. Voom is the place to be for HD...even if some of the ch's dont have the PQ that you are looking for. I do agree the VOOM has to add a knock your socks off ch with great PQ like HDNET or INHD.

It's costing me $15/month for HDNET/HDNET Movies since Voom now has TNTHD, ESPNHD & DiscoveryHD, but I won't give it up unless the pocketbook dictates it. I wish Voom had just an HD pack for about $20/month, I hate having to pay for all the SD channels that I don't watch.

Hopefully when Voom goes to WM9, they can give more bandwidth to the SD channels and not add 500 more overcompressed channels like Dish does.

I just canceled the DTV $10.99 HD package. I was getting Discovery & ESPN on VOOM. Didn't want to pay that just for HDNET. Besides many of the HDNET programs are on other VOOM channels.

Tvlman said:
I just canceled the DTV $10.99 HD package. I was getting Discovery & ESPN on VOOM. Didn't want to pay that just for HDNET. Besides many of the HDNET programs are on other VOOM channels.
I'd like to know which programs you are referring to because I haven't seen any of HDNET's programs anywhere else, that is why I am keeping it.

Higher Definition, Across America, Smart Travels (available on PBS), InFocus, Hollywood HD, World Report, True Music, CART Racing, Wiseguy, Andy Richter, Get Out!, Bikini Destinations, The Newsroom, Presidio Med, Square Pegs, Wild Secrets, White Hot Winter, Love & Money, Hogan's Heroes, That's Life, Charlie's Angels, NASCAR, In-Laws, Extreme Cage-Fighting, Lot's of music shows not on Rave, Philly, The Agency, Odyssey 5, Nothing but Trailers, Other assorted shows not seen elsewhere.

This is quite a list of programming that I have not seen anywhere on Voom. Am I missing it? If so, please show me the channels.
:)

Equator HD June 15th Question

On the 15th of June will Equator HD take over one of the Original 21 Channels or will this make number 22 for Voom?

Equator HD is replacing the Epics HD channel, which is now a part of cinema 10

True HD vs. Upconvert - What's the dif?

What is this??????

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)