New HD Channels already showing up

vurbano said:
Its a commercial for UHD. They run it frequently advertising the channel.
Gotta love it when they advertise for the channel they are being shown on. I will try to sit through this medical show and see if I can see it.

Sean Mota said:
Anyone reporting blocking artifacts on the picture of UHD? They are very pronounced in fast or fire or big explosions.
No way here (yet) to check it, but BSG should be a good acid test for this.

(Hoooo-eeeee, that blowed up good!):devil:

The only thing I can say so far that looked noticeably bad was the SD commercial for Procede.

Edit: oh yeah, the woman's cleavage looks bad in this Medical Investigation show. They should blur it a bit!

Tom Bombadil said:
DITTO!

This implementation is having a serious negative impact on my customer satisfaction and loyalty.
*E really sucks.. and looks so bad with this fiasco.. :mad: :mad:

Last edited:
vurbano said:
Im just sitting here as a D* sub reading and I cant believe it! An mpeg2 feed that is somehow blocked for older recievers yet these channels are in the HD pak you are paying for??????????

How can they do that legally?
Makes you wonder..

i have a Vip211 receiver and the 7 new channels DO NOT show up in my channel guide...i have downloaded a new guide and I still dont have them

VAguyinAR said:
i have a Vip211 receiver and the 7 new channels DO NOT show up in my channel guide...i have downloaded a new guide and I still dont have them

Do you have a dish pointed at either 61.5 or 129?

I'm noticing a little bit of graininess on the mpeg4 channels. HDMI is by far the best on the mpeg4 channels. If you switch from hdnet to a 4 you can see the difference. I already got lost for a while on the family channel watching cartoons.

All in all, I'm definately pleased, the espn2 is definately great. I can see where I'm going to be for a while.

Tim

VAguyinAR said:
i have done a check switch twice...i just called DISH tech support and the guy told me they arent available till tomorrow....HMMMMMMM

I am also using 61.5 for Voom. I hope my channels do go out! All I can say is keep checking. You will definately have them tomorrow.

VAguyinAR said:
i have done a check switch twice...i just called DISH tech support and the guy told me they arent available till tomorrow....HMMMMMMM

Hvae you RESET your receiver? (Hold power button in for a few seconds till it turns off?)

Ok, for vurbano and Sean. I have not seen the promo yet vurbano is talking about, but they had an "have you seen ER in HD" commercial on and it was in HD. The explosion in the building didn't have any obvious problems, but I also wasn't watching extremely closely cause I didn't expect there to be an explosion on an ER commercial

I can't watch The Equalizer, sorry. I will have to come back to this channel later.

So any chance those new HD stations will be in HDLite by the weekend?

Figured they be good at the start, but knowing Dish?

And has any one checked to see if the new Voom is HDlite or HDTrue?
Cause didnt Dish say it was a fiber issue to why that are HDlite?

I know a lot of people reading this thread are pained over the developments. In my case, I bought a 942 the week leading up to Christmas and had it installed the day after Christmas. I was aware of some of the talk about MPEG 4, but when my local dealer assured me that I would be able to get ESPN2HD when it was added, I went ahead and bought the 942, figuring that Dish would be stupid to sell a $700 unit to someone who couldn't get ESPN2HD when it was added. Boy do I feel like a sucker.

I suppose I could go back to my dealer, but that's probably about the only recourse, I have, right? I pretty much know what he's going to say. "Sorry, but they told me it would be MPEG 2, but they changed their mind. Nothing I can do for you."

I was holding out hope that maybe I'd get ESPN2HD and Universal. Those are about the only two new ones I really want. Tonight I find out that it won't happen, and my $700 was a mistake.

Dish just got on the wrong end of this customer, and like ohters have mentioned, they will now suffer from the fact that everyone I know will get an anti-Dish message from me.

sker66

ptech said:
No, you need a MPEG4 receiver.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)