NEW HD Channels are LIVE

Yea same here i just checked i do recieve the SD version of HGTV but no HD and i was wondering am i supposed to be recieving the Nfl HD channel? I ask cause thats blocked as well? I have dish latino HD plantinum i would assume for my $100+ a month they owe it to me to get those two channels aswell.:confused:

I don't know why people here are dissing others for making the argument that they should get NG HD. I think everyone with MPEG4 HD should get NG HD. People are paying a premium to get HD, a premium that is now double what it was a year ago. I don't think NG HD is so pricey that Dish couldn't include it now. My local cable includes NG SD in their next to lowest channel tier.

A subscriber to HD Bronze would now have to pay a 40% increase to get a bunch of SD channels that they've already decided they don't want, in order to get NG HD and the OLN NHL games.

Dish makes a big deal out of their low prices, as low as $19.99 a month and only $49.99 for HD & a basic SD pack. But then they turn the screws on you, using HD as a lever to get you to buy a lot more channels that you don't want. All the while when running a new marketing campaign that criticizes their competition for doing the same thing.

Why defend Dish's onerous decision on this one?

I agree Tom. They are now going to start playing games with the HD programming to sell greater package. That's a lot to pay extra for ONE CHANNEL. I bet they start doing this now a lot with future channels. Most of us moving towards HD are moving away from SD so why should we have to pay 40% more for one HD channel to gain a ton of SD we don't want. I havn't watched SD channels in a year.

I can't wait for the Regional Sports Networks to be put up by Dish. Comcast and DirecTV carry FSN Florida (they just made a big deal with Comcast in Tallahassee and Sarasota/Manatee/Charlotte Counties getting FSN Florida and FSN-HD) in both SD and HD to the state.....Dish has to join the party with RSNs in HD soon.

Other than that and not allowing MPEG2 people (like me with an 811) to see the new HD channels even though they are MPEG2 flagged as MPEG4....Dish is going in the right direction.

61.5 Transponder 22 weak?

I'm getting the new channels off 61.5 TP 22. The signal on that transponder is 60-65 on my Vip622. The signal on TP 12 for example is 94. Anyone else seeing low signal on TP 22? If so, I'm wondering why E* puts their newest HD stuff on a weak transponder???

.....G

guruka said:
I'm getting the new channels off 61.5 TP 22. The signal on that transponder is 60-65 on my Vip622. The signal on TP 12 for example is 94. Anyone else seeing low signal on TP 22? If so, I'm wondering why E* puts their newest HD stuff on a weak transponder???

.....G

Guruka-
While not as bad as you - yes - i'm seeing the same signal levels - i'm getting low 70's on TP 20 and upper 70's on TP 22 - while the rest of my 61.5 TP's are in the 90's..

Hopefully this "can" be fixed!

guruka said:

.....G

83 here on my 622.

CapeFish said:
I can't wait for the Regional Sports Networks to be put up by Dish. Comcast and DirecTV carry FSN Florida (they just made a big deal with Comcast in Tallahassee and Sarasota/Manatee/Charlotte Counties getting FSN Florida and FSN-HD) in both SD and HD to the state.....Dish has to join the party with RSNs in HD soon.

Other than that and not allowing MPEG2 people (like me with an 811) to see the new HD channels even though they are MPEG2 flagged as MPEG4....Dish is going in the right direction.

Could this possibly be NESN-HD for New England ?

riffjim4069 said:
I forget that it's only us 61.5 customer who see the demo channel. Anyway, I would rather see the bandwidth used for more/better HD.:eek:
The channel is often used at Retail stores and helps them sell a lot of TV's and gives DISH a lot of customers as well. Don't expect them to take it down or even reduce the bandwidth they give it.

wyattg said:
Dish is already charging an additional 10 dollars more than they did for the "old" HD package and only add a couple of channels. The thought process from what I understand was so when they add additional channels they would not need to raise prices again.
For the additional 10 dollars you are getting 20 ADDITIONAL channels. 21 If you are already getting the Ntgeo SD.

Be happy that Dish made a deal allowing NFLHD even if you you didn't have NFL SD.

Last edited:
Yeah right now I think HGTVHD is the best so far due to it seems alot of their shows are in HD.. To where the rest of them have been showing things in SD..

guruka said:

.....G
61.5 TP 22 is at 98 and TP 12 is at 119 here on my 622.

Last edited:
My personal HD take

I currently have the Dish Bronze package along with the HD package, Voom package and the HBO package. I am happy that Dish has added the new HD choices but I can't justify paying an extra $20 a month just to get NTGHD. Yes, I had been looking forward to NTGHD programing, but not for $20(to watch one HD channel). I have no interest in the other SD channels in the Gold package.

What's your take?

lrossnm said:
I currently have the Dish Bronze package along with the HD package, Voom package and the HBO package. I am happy that Dish has added the new HD choices but I can't justify paying an extra $20 a month just to get NTGHD. Yes, I had been looking forward to NTGHD programing, but not for $20(to watch one HD channel). I have no interest in the other SD channels in the Gold package.

What's your take?
Same here I have HD Bronze, and if I wanted more SD channels I would get them.

I WILL NOT pay $20 more per month just for one channel, which is right now so weak that it iis pixelating (129 TP 22 signal level in mid to high 40's).

lrossnm said:

What's your take?

We have the HD Bronze package too. We will not upgrade for one HD channel. This is NG loss, not mine.

I bet Charlie is waiting to see how many people do upgrade on 7/8/06.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)