NEW HD Channels are LIVE

Poke said:
Not really you just need a OTA with a Store Bought HDReceiver with that you can pick up your state locals in HD and SD.. So if you wanted you would not half to get your locals at all from Dish or Direct..
That has nothing to do with what I posted.
I asked if you get HD-lil from dish without subbing to locals throughdish. The answer is... No. You need to sub to the SD version to get the HD version.

Ok, so which package is HGTV HD going? I have Dish HD Gold Latino and it's red in my guide. I've ran check switch already and no dice. I do have National Geographic SD in my package.

BFG said:
you're trying to enact a philsohpy as being some rule/law that must be now followed. It is simply not true.

People subbed to the old hd packs and got espnhd, and tnthd which had sd conterparts but did not order any sd programming.

The same continues to be true with the new hd only pack. so no you don't have to have the sd channel to get the HD channel.
You also pay the extra fees which cover the costs. We will have to see if NG-HD is included in the hd only pack or not.

BFG said:
you're trying to back up dish on this new "philsohpy" as something that has always existed and is justifed. This is simply not true and is not the case!

People subbed to the old hd packs and got espnhd, and tnthd which had sd conterparts but did not order any sd programming.

The same continues to be true with the new hd only pack. so no you don't have to have the sd channel to get the HD channel.

That is why I asked if the standalone HD pack includes NG HD. If it does then it is part of the HD Pack, If not, it is part of the gold pack and up. Just like you won't get Starz, HBO or Showtime HD unless you sub to those channels.

Yeah what will happen hopefully in the future is when the rest of the Networks go HD well there will be no more SD.. Why due before too long any size of TV you get will be HDTV and as more and more Networks go HD their will be no need for them to offer SD. Then when this day comes the carriers will be down only to offer HD due to thats all the Networks will have and that will put a end to all of this.. It will be awhile before it happens but it will get here one of these days.

RandallA said:
Ok, so which package is HGTV HD going? I have Dish HD Gold Latino and it's red in my guide. I've ran check switch already and no dice. I do have National Geographic SD in my package.
Do you get the SD version? If yes then you should get the HD.

Yeah true some can not get their locals but locals are just that. Folks dont pay a big fee for them due to the carriers know most folks in the U.S. can get their locals.. If carriers charged a lot for them they would loose a lot of $5 bucks a month due to folks would not subscribe to them..

Either way I stop beating the dead horse overall Im just glad atleast we are getting some new HD and maybe more to come. It will be nice when I can get my locals in HD but overall its better than nothing.. :)

I am subscribed to dish latino HD plantinum and i only recieve national geographic hd and starz hd that blows i wish i could have gotten all 4 new channels. They should make a note that you must not subscribe to the latino hd packs cause you wont get all the "HD" Oh and is it just me or does voom blow goats i am tired of it already and i have had it for like a month lol :mad:

brg606 said:
charlie is taking a chit on bronze and silver package subscribers with national geographic. fu charlie.

And on us Stand-Alone HD pak people. I get all these channels in HD without subbing to an SD pak:
TNTHD
ESPNHD
ESPN2HD
DISCHD
As well as the newly added UNIHD. So why the hell is Charlie now requiring an SD sub for non-premium/non-movie channels??? Total BS.

ALL NEW HD CHANNELS SHOULD BE AVAILABLE TO ALL HD PAKS (Unless it is a premium movie channel).

Hammer

hammerdown said:
And on us Stand-Alone HD pak people. I get all these channels in HD without subbing to an SD pak:
TNTHD
ESPNHD
ESPN2HD
DISCHD
As well as the newly added UNIHD. So why the hell is Charlie now requiring an SD sub for non-premium/non-movie channels??? Total BS.

ALL NEW HD CHANNELS SHOULD BE AVAILABLE TO ALL HD PAKS (Unless it is a premium movie channel).

Hammer

You'll probably continue to get NGC-HD, you're paying a $9.99 premium for HD Only, let us know what happens on 7/7

Robdoggz said:
I am subscribed to dish latino HD plantinum and i only recieve national geographic hd and starz hd that blows i wish i could have gotten all 4 new channels. They should make a note that you must not subscribe to the latino hd packs cause you wont get all the "HD" Oh and is it just me or does voom blow goats i am tired of it already and i have had it for like a month lol :mad:

Ah, so it's not just me. I'm not getting HGTV HD either. I'm getting National Geographic HD and Starz HD but no HGTV HD. I have Dish Latino HD Gold. What's up with that? I thought that if you subscribe to the SD channel, you should get the HD too.

Sounds like a package authorization mistake, they need to add certain channels to the latino and great wall packs...

BFG said:
You'll probably continue to get NGC-HD, you're paying a $9.99 premium for HD Only, let us know what happens on 7/7

I would like to see that but I doubt it because HG-HD is in Red right now for me (HD Stand-Alone Pak).

Hey charlie... National Geographic / Home & Garden are not premium movie channels like hbo/sho/etc. They are no different than TNT, ESPN, ESPN2, DISC.

Hammer

sounds like HGTV-HD's authorization is screwed up, if enough people complain to tech support or if they read it here, hopefully it gets fixed, doesn't sound like it was intentional

RandallA said:
Ah, so it's not just me. I'm not getting HGTV HD either. I'm getting National Geographic HD and Starz HD but no HGTV HD. I have Dish Latino HD Gold. What's up with that? I thought that if you subscribe to the SD channel, you should get the HD too.

I just upgraded to the HD Latino Gold and got HGTVHD. Call them and tell them to authorize it for your box.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts