New HD Channels Coming???

yawn, i think the story was referring to bright house in other markets. because bright house in orlando is slower than frickin molasses.

It's about time

Well, TBS HD is live today... and I just found this on the Brighthouse website...

The Science Channel HD+ COMING SOON

Animal Planet HD+ COMING SOON
The Learning Channel HD+ COMING SOON

TBS HD+ LAUNCHES SEPTEMBER 27TH
Food Network HD+ COMING SOON
HGTV HD+ COMING SOON
History HD+ COMING SOON
Why don't these idiots publicly ANNOUNCE this? I shouldn't have to stumble on it on the website..

I announced it days ago.. but any who.

Im not sure why they didn't put a big ad campaign id assume it is because they are adding about 5-10 channels and dish added like 40... Its make no sense to advertise 10 channels when your competitor is advertising 40... So they focus their ad campaigns on other things

You announced it but I didn't see a specific post naming channels. I saw your birdie post.

I found out because I have been reading all the threads on the baseball on TBS hype for the playoffs and the whiners crying about getting TBS HD on Dish and Scott saying no TBS HD before playoffs. I was surprised to see it pop up on my BHN, considering I haven't had a new channel in decades (haha). I went to the BHN site to find an announcement. There was none, only the attached channel guide update.

As a customer of Dish and BHN, I'll be the first one to say it means a lot to me to have them announce these channels. Tell me what you are going to be offering soon. I have been close to ditching BHN lately and seeing this gives me hope. See, all these channels except TBS HD are on Dish, but I don't get them all. I am in their 100 package, so I don't get National Geographic HD, Science HD, or Animal Planet HD.

My question here is, why aren't they adding regular Discovery HD? Discovery Theartre, recently renamed HD Theater is not same thng as Discovery, it is a showcase. Discovery HD is a simulcast.

And where is CNN HD, as mentioned in the TW article??

Do you have any word on Fox Financial? I want it.

I announced it days ago.. but any who.

Im not sure why they didn't put a big ad campaign id assume it is because they are adding about 5-10 channels and dish added like 40... Its make no sense to advertise 10 channels when your competitor is advertising 40... So they focus their ad campaigns on other things

Well, TBS HD is live today... and I just found this on the Brighthouse website...

The Science Channel HD+ COMING SOON

Animal Planet HD+ COMING SOON
The Learning Channel HD+ COMING SOON

TBS HD+ LAUNCHES SEPTEMBER 27TH
Food Network HD+ COMING SOON
HGTV HD+ COMING SOON
History HD+ COMING SOON
Why don't these idiots publicly ANNOUNCE this? I shouldn't have to stumble on it on the website..

first, this sounds like tampa stuff. however, for those of you in central florida:

4 HD CHANNELS TO LAUNCH OCTOBER 2

tbs-hd
history channel-hd
hgtv-hd
foodnetwork-jd

Yes, I am sorry I didn't specify that this is Tampa info. But we BHN customers are all in the same boat of a) not getting new stuff very often and b) being in the dark about new channels until they appear. I'll bet if we call BHN Tampa or Central FL, and specifically ask about any of these new channels by name, the idiot CSR will tell us they haven't heard anything about it.

first, this sounds like tampa stuff. however, for those of you in central florida:

4 HD CHANNELS TO LAUNCH OCTOBER 2

tbs-hd
history channel-hd
hgtv-hd
foodnetwork-jd

you folks have had both MHD and Versus/Golf Hd since the first of the year. but central florida hasn't picked up either of those channels yet.

you folks have had both MHD and Versus/Golf Hd since the first of the year. but central florida hasn't picked up either of those channels yet.

They gave us MHN when InHD2 dissolved and INHD1 turned into Mojo... they knew having no InHD2 with no replacement wasn't going to fly and put MHN up. They gave us Versus around the start of hockey playoffs last year. They pretty much had to. Can you imagine the Lightning on Versus without them carrying the HD version? oh wait, I guess you can relate with the FSN/Orlando Magic mess in BHN CFL. Tampa BHN has a lot of competition, between Verizon in Tampa and Knology in Pinellas to compete with it. Not to mention satellite.

I am really surprised they put on TBSHD before Dish Network got it. It looks like crap like TNT but I am sure it will be fine during HD games and movies. Last night they had a movie on in stretchvision, not in HD on TBS HD. I just laughed and changed the channel, thinking about all the people on this site moaning about the dreaded strechovision.

but i've had directv since february so i'm not worried about the bhn-fsn florida fiasco here in central florida. i'll be watching my magic plus lightning!

but i've had directv since february so i'm not worried about the bhn-fsn florida fiasco here in central florida. i'll be watching my magic plus lightning!

Last night while looking for the Lightning pre-season game that did not air on BHN, I flipped through all the Bright House grid looking for center ice, just to see if they offer it. They have ESPN game day, soccer, NBA, etc, but no channels for NHL. I never inquired but doesn't BHN even offer the NHL Center Ice?? I know Dish offers it for a low $120 or something like that. I just assumed BHN offered it too but maybe not.

MOST Lightning games are on Sun or Vs, some on BHN 650 in HD, so I never thought I needed Center Ice, but I thought BHN would at least offer Center Ice. Does anybody know whether they do or not?

they have for years. i don't know why the info isn't up yet. you wouldn't need center ice for the bolts unless, its to watch those out of market games that aren't carried by sun sports. as for versus, i always thought tampa's games were blacked out.

now, if you're a puck head, then you would want center ice if its available!

they have for years. i don't know why the info isn't up yet. you wouldn't need center ice for the bolts unless, its to watch those out of market games that aren't carried by sun sports. as for versus, i always thought tampa's games were blacked out.

now, if you're a puck head, then you would want center ice if its available!

I love the Lightning and true, don't need Center Ice as most games are televised. I am not a big enough hockey fan to watch non-Lightning games though unless it is playoffs. I've never ran into a blackout yet with the Lightning. Sometimes they will air the Sun games in HD on 650, but that is only like 10 games a year at the most. Vs has a few games a year, which is nice because they are in HD on Versus HD/Golf HD..

I just looked at the channel lineup online and see that Center Ice shares channels with MLB Extra Inning.. that would explain why it didn't show up in the guide. I thought Center Ice may have preseason games and was looking to see if they had the Lightning vs. Redwings game from Detroit anywhere last night.

that's where having the capability of getting all of the regional sports nets is handy. some will actually show preseason games without a blackout. i was able to watch some spring training games that way. somehow, i don't ever see bhn offering that...which is sad for the devout sports fan, like myself!!

The problem is the sports channels are so expensive. and they do not want to be on their own tier. The reason why is obvious because they know they will not get a huge portion of subs that they want.

The problem is the sports channels are so expensive. and they do not want to be on their own tier. The reason why is obvious because they know they will not get a huge portion of subs that they want.

and its that very reason why sports junkies have satellite.

Satellite relies on sports customers thats why their rates are higher then cable. Cable doesn't relay on sports customers, they relay on local programing and multiple services. Satellite is great for people who hail from different states, or who are sports addicts.

Its why I wonder how BHN CFL does so well, in a market dominated by out-of-staters. But I guess it just goes to show that a superior product will always beat out "hype", and the majority of people even out of state'rs prefer BHN over a dish option, because of the level of service provided.

Dish has their niche. Sports fans, Which is why they also spend hundreds of millions to offer NFL ticket... However people usally will get the dish for only the sports but keep BHN for local programming/phone/net etc etc. I've been to my fair share of houses who have both services and usally after the NFL season the dish is turned off and BHN is their only provider. Sure BHN could attempt to capitalize on the market but dish is so dug it itd be one hell of in uphill battle not worth the fight.

oh Hockey fans in CFL.. NHL Network coming in November to the Sports tier.. Price remains 1.99 for the sports tier.

Oh they also will be offering NHL Center ice for this coming season.. Also note they will be having a free preview next week I think? something like that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts