New HD channels coming!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Satracer has promised a number of Festivus's in the past only to disapoint. Personally if I were him I would remove the word Festivus from my vocabulary and never use it again.

But with that said Jamie (Satracer) does work for DIRECTV and is normally on the money as he is being told by higherups on what to say.

I think the only thing different between both of us is we disagree how many new HD channels is a Festivus. :D :D

Satracer has promised a number of Festivus's in the past only to disapoint. Personally if I were him I would remove the word Festivus from my vocabulary and never use it again.

But with that said Jamie (Satracer) does work for DIRECTV and is normally on the money as he is being told by higherups on what to say.

I think the only thing different between both of us is we disagree how many new HD channels is a Festivus. :D :D

Festivus (Directv) = Soon (Dish Network) :)

Well when your the Janitor is everyone higher up.

Satracer has always been upfront, and given the best knowledge he has at the time (I track and read ALL his posts). People dont seem to fathom that if you get news ahead of final plans, they sometimes change. These same folks also bitch when they get no news. Notice a trend? They are just plain ol bitchers...

do you know satracer? what stall in the rest room he getting these rumors?

As I said before he is being told what to say. He is a DIRECTV employee and he is (rightfully so) excited by the product so when his bosses tell him to jump he asks how high.

Its actually GREAT to see someone excited by their product, hell most of the DISH people I talk to do even have satellite service at home! Jamie is a good guy, again our definition of Festivus is different. :)

I predict that we will get:
1. BBCHD
2. AMC HD
3. Energizer Bunny HD (and in glorious nightmarish 3D)
4. GSN HD
5. ROOT
6. E HD
7. G4 HD

So, larry obviously has no idea what he's talking about...

And no offense Scott, but pot meet kettle. I read all of the exciting Dish news posted at times in the pub, and it could be classified as "how high are we jumping also", or just as ridiculously unimportant.

Fact of the matter is, Satracer is a great source of Directv insider info (something we dont have here), and if he says a couple of channels are coming on the 30th, they are. He had already stated HBO HD was coming, so Im pretty sure thats most of it. As far as people dropping him info to spill out, not much different from Dish and you guys, right?

And no offense Scott, but pot meet kettle. I read all of the exciting Dish news posted at times in the pub, and it could be classified as "how high are we jumping also", or just as ridiculously unimportant.
No I don't believe I have ever declared anything DISH has done as a Festivus. :D

I am not picking on Jamie (Satracer) I am excited to hear some new HD is finally coming, its long overdue. Many people (myself included) were expecting a Festivus after DIRECTV 12 went into operation. Unfortunately the only thing we really got was more HD PPV and not the expected national PPV.

tell it like it is scott.d is not keeping with the hd .they were the leadres at one time .

In this case, the phrase used was "small festivus" which suggests 1, maybe two channels.

The real issue with using the term Festivus is that it implies celebration and there hasn't been much celebrating with the most recent introductions.

And that was a VERY exciting time.

I remember all of us sitting around trying to get the first signals from the new satellite in anticipation of the Festivus. :D

I think that DirecTV's big push with HD should be given some credit, they helped to get Dish and the cable operators off of their toes when it came to adding more HD channels. If I recall correctly, DirecTV's annoucement also helped to push the programmers to begin to offer HD feeds. Had they not been the leader in the push for HD, none of us might have as much as we do now. I think that they do need to get off their butts and add some more though, especially in the basic national channel arena.

Yes Bob you are correct, in fact if I remember correctly DIRECTV helped fund some channels so they could get their HD channels up and running.

DIRECTV did a lot to push HD in the US they were going SO GOOD and then one day BOOM something happened and HD was no longer a priority.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)