New HD channels coming!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I think you guys are being a bit too harsh on the guy. Doing the whole D* E* thing IS a bit lazy (although nothing to lose sleep over) AND for newbies coming in it just throws a little confusion and coaxes a silly question right from the get-go; instead of just taking the 3 seconds to type it out. But you really are bust John's nutz a bit too hard.

I think you guys are being a bit too harsh on the guy. Doing the whole D* E* thing IS a bit lazy (although nothing to lose sleep over) AND for newbies coming in it just throws a little confusion and coaxes a silly question right from the get-go; instead of just taking the 3 seconds to type it out. But you really are bust John's nutz a bit too hard.
This is nothing new though! So I say Get over it!:D

that can go both ways though.. I think he could have worded it a little better to avoid the confrontation. but like we both said; nothing to lose sleep over.

Could it be … the f-word?

Agree, Maybe everyone is tense over the New HD additions.:eek::D

Could it be that some subscribers feel some of the same of what gets pointed out by that Swanni guy: frustration.

No AMC HD. No BBC America HD. No Turner Classic Movies HD. No Lifetime Movie Network HD. No Headlne News HD. No History International HD. No Oprah Winfrey Network HD. No Outdoor Channel HD. No GSN HD. No We TV HD. No Style Network HD. No E! Entertainment Television HD. No DIY Network HD. No Investigation Discovery HD. No Oxygen HD. No PBS Kids Sprout HD. No Sportsman Channel HD. No IFC HD. No Cooking Channel HD. No The Hub HD. No truTV HD.

And so on.

I imagine plenty are frustrated with DirecTV for not offering the HD of a good amount of those channels.

Could it be that some subscribers feel some of the same of what gets pointed out by that Swanni guy: frustration.

No AMC HD. No BBC America HD. No Turner Classic Movies HD. No Lifetime Movie Network HD. No Headlne News HD. No History International HD. No Oprah Winfrey Network HD. No Outdoor Channel HD. No GSN HD. No We TV HD. No Style Network HD. No E! Entertainment Television HD. No DIY Network HD. No Investigation Discovery HD. No Oxygen HD. No PBS Kids Sprout HD. No Sportsman Channel HD. No IFC HD. No Cooking Channel HD. No The Hub HD. No truTV HD.

And so on.

I imagine plenty are frustrated with DirecTV for not offering the HD of a good amount of those channels.

The only channels in that list I care about are TCM and LMN, but that's it. The others are just clutter to me.

But you are missing channels. I imagine evreyone is only out for a few of the total there,(AMC and TCM here), but the fact is most other providers carry a good amount of these already.

The only channels in that list I care about are TCM and LMN, but that's it. The others are just clutter to me.

MOST of those channels are there already, so you can watch them if you like, just not in HD.

Like you said theres only a few that interest most people, so I see that list as being not that important, sure,the more in HD the better, but I'm not gonna lose sleep over any of them not being in HD.

On another not, the only one I do watch is BBCA and the show I do watch on the station will not be in HD even if they do go HD.

No disrespect to the naysayers -- but your limited interest in the non premium channels I listed (No. 225) does not matter. What matters is that Dish Network and numerous cable companies have added some combination of them while DirecTV has sat on its ass.

Not good.

Not okay.

No disrespect to the naysayers -- but your limited interest in the non premium channels I listed (No. 225) does not matter. What matters is that Dish Network and numerous cable companies have added some combination of them while DirecTV has sat on its ass.

Not good.

Not okay.

While these companies you mentioned also do not have NEARLY the Sports programming available on thier set ups.

Each company chooses what they are going to be dominant in.

Jimbo,

You don't get it!

Specializing is fine. You still have to be balanced with not falling way behind on other key areas. And that's the problem with DirecTV with the "basics" like the ones mentioned by me at No. 225.

With being balanced could one then say if Dish would add at the very least add RSN's in HD, they could add more subs? I know many say for sports go to Directv and such, but were not talking about out of market packages. Watching you local team in SD can be really annoying especially if you know the game is in HD. Not trying to be a Directv "fan boy" I had Dish for a few when I wanted to see how the other side was. There are things that I like about the service

I think there missing out on folks who at the very least want there RSN in HD when they are showing games in HD, one does not have to be the die hard sports fan for this. Dish could market most national HD and your local team in HD. I know many have said Dish chooses this, the non full time HD for RSN's and they have there reasons. I think this was discussed at a Team summitt meeting with some Sat guys members, but reasons were not given in public I think

Dish has there focus and is happy with it and Direct has theres. I would like Direct to add a few more national HD channels but they have other things that keeps me with them. I wonder though if other folks will look at other alternatives if by the end of they year they dont add any more National non preimum HD.

Last edited:
Jimbo,

You don't get it!

Specializing is fine. You still have to be balanced with not falling way behind on other key areas. And that's the problem with DirecTV with the "basics" like the ones mentioned by me at No. 225.

No, I DO get it...

I get every Sport event I WANT to see on D* .... others DON'T do that.

If I were one to watch LOTS of Movies, I would have chosen DISH many years back when I made my investment.

Yes, I would LIKE to get more of the channels in HD, but currently theres only 1 or 2 channels that I watch that are NOT already in HD...

That doesn't mean that they should NOT add more, I never said that.

Please read SatJay's post # 235 as I agree with it.

Last edited:

And so on.

The ones that are bolded are the ones D* should have added by now. The others on that list are nice to have in HD, but are not a huge deal in my opinion.

i'll be enjoying the kennedys mini series since reelz was added last week. i'll say it again...i am overjoyed i left dtv.

yeah, 4 new hd channels in march on my cable. both hbo and cinemax hd on demand is coming this month. and fearnet hd is coming in may.

yeah, 4 new hd channels in march on my cable. both hbo and cinemax hd on demand is coming this month. and fearnet hd is coming in may.
we got 4 New ones too, and our HBO and Cinemax is already in HD.

I'm loving this cable thing.

I miss some of the west channels, like Nick west,Toon, Disney, The kids miss them more so then me, but it effects me, when they bug me about it.
I just tell them DVR more.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts