New HD channels coming!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Maybe in a year they can finally catch up to Comcast in my area. Once my contract is up I may think about going back if they even are slightly close to what is offered here.

Good thing I have the channels I watch in hd.......or I would be disappointed in the lack of hd movement by Direct.

According to Satracer, I think a couple of more HBO channels

Or one if you don't speak Spanish. :D

In the age of Netflix, I don't see the point of Cinemax. Do they have original programming of any value?

I generally only subscribe to HBO, Showtime and Starz - specifically for their original programming (rotating Starz and Showtime.) There is the oft chance I see a flick I've seen before that I might want to catch again on one of their side channels but that is really the only value added service of having X channels per brand.

If I want to watch a movie and have a movie experience, I'm going to get the Bluray.

I would think, IF we get the HD version we would also get the SD version.

Even though they added ONLY the HD versions of Showtime Beyond, Next, & Women; HBO Zone; TMX Xtra; Starz Cinema, Comedy & Kids & Family... :confused:

I HIGHLY doubt HBO Comedy would be any different...

One channel that WON'T be added is CNN Headline News (HLN - 204). After seeing on my Mom's TV that COMCAST DOES offer this channel in HD, I wrote DTV and asked how in the world COMCAST could top DirecTV -- on a station that actually mattered!?

I was told that there are no plans to add HLN to the DirectTV HD lineup anytime soon.

Not being able to see Robin Meade in glorious HD is just a loss.

What in the world gives here?

You get that same message word for word no matter what channel you ask about, it's just a canned response. Ask about another channel and you'll see what I mean. Doesn't mean anything.

Isn't it true that DirecTV won't launch another satellite, to provide capacity, until 2013? If that is the case, I don't think DirecTV will be playing "catch up to Comcast" with: Turner Classic Movies HD, Headline News HD, AMC HD, IFC HD, Sundance Channel HD, Women's Entertainment HD, E! Entertainment Television HD, Style Network HD, Lifetime Movie Network HD, History International HD, Oprah Winfrey Network HD, Investigation Discovery HD, The Hub HD, PBS Kids Sprout HD, Oxygen HD, Fox Movie Channel HD, Centric HD, Logo HD, TV Guide Network HD, Reelz Channel HD, Ovation TV HD, and others that should be mentioned.

Even though they added ONLY the HD versions of Showtime Beyond, Next, & Women; HBO Zone; TMX Xtra; Starz Cinema, Comedy & Kids & Family... :confused:

I HIGHLY doubt HBO Comedy would be any different...

Wow ....

That surprises me .... provided there are HD versions (I would imagine there are).

Then you have to ask, was that a D* thing or a Provider thing ...

Isn't it true that DirecTV won't launch another satellite, to provide capacity, until 2013? If that is the case, I don't think DirecTV will be playing "catch up to Comcast" with: Turner Classic Movies HD, Headline News HD, AMC HD, IFC HD, Sundance Channel HD, Women's Entertainment HD, E! Entertainment Television HD, Style Network HD, Lifetime Movie Network HD, History International HD, Oprah Winfrey Network HD, Investigation Discovery HD, The Hub HD, PBS Kids Sprout HD, Oxygen HD, Fox Movie Channel HD, Centric HD, Logo HD, TV Guide Network HD, Reelz Channel HD, Ovation TV HD, and others that should be mentioned.

What happen to all the space they are NOT using in the last one they launched ?
They haven't added much since that one went up, not sure what they are actually using it for at this time.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)