Truthfully, I only care about:

ESPNU
AMC
WGN
Travel
Mojo
Chiller
Fox News

Im more pissed that we dont have any announcements of a plan yet.
Travel is very good , Why D* doesn't have this channel is beyond me. WGN is OK , GOOD for games, Blaa for anything else right now. AMC ,I'd love too,along with chiller. Are those HD yet?

ESPNU
WGN
Travel
HBO's
Cinemax's
Outdoor
Mojo
Fox News
AMC

Would be several

+1
and add comedycentral which will have hd content and g4 will also have hd content. these are future channels but available right now is what elway posted above

Yeah, Id only like WGN for the games. I love Travel and it is pretty stupid that D* hasnt added this one yet.

I thought AMC was, Chiller still is not. Its coming

Yeah, Id only like WGN for the games. I love Travel and it is pretty stupid that D* hasnt added this one yet.

I thought AMC was, Chiller still is not. Its coming

travel is one of the channels i want badly on D

I don't think we'd watch any of those, but new HD is always welcome. We dropped all the premium stations, but if any others were added at least they'd be in our favorites list so we'd see them. (our favorites list doesn't even have any SD channels in it :D)

Hell, if they arent gonna use the space, drop about 80% of the PPV's (to free space) and give us better PQ with 4 channels per TP :)

It seems that Malone is picking up Charlies bad habits on how to add new channels.

I've been with D* since 1995, and I can't understand why the travel channel say's on the screen ever once in a while now in hd and channel 379 RFD is in hd but D* is not showing them in hd, I think they are after PPV, that and sports is where the money is, and that's what they are after, I think they are double dipping anyway, you pay for a package and then you pay $9.99 per month to see some of those channels, that's paying twitch any way you look at it!!!

Hell, if they arent gonna use the space, drop about 80% of the PPV's (to free space) and give us better PQ with 4 channels per TP :)
See now I was told that the amount per transponder doesn't matter on D10 and D11, Not like it does on the KU satellites. I was told it goes by a frequency amount ,not channel per transponder. Meaning ,What I'm guessing if D* wants to use all their transponders or half, its up to them how, they can't exceed the Frequency they have set for them by the FCC. again thats how I under stood it. So I'm not sure 4 or 7 per would matter.

What HD channels are there to add?

There are 26 HBO/Max channels. D* only carries 4. Encore HD is another. Based on what Fios carries in NY these channels are missing too.

Showtime Showcase West HD
Showtime 2 HD West
Showtime Extreme HD West
The Movie Channel HD West
The Movie Channel Xtra HD
The Movie Channel Xtra HD West

Also this batch of channels:

Travel Channel HD
Hallmark Movie Channel HD
WGN America HD
Lifetime Movie Network HD
RFD HD
World Fishing Network HD
Wealth TV HD
Outdoor Channel HD
MOJO HD
Fox News HD
Crime & Investigation Network HD
QVC HD
Lifetime HD
AMC HD
IFC HD
ESPNU HD
Fuse HD
Women's Entertainment HD

That's 46 right there.

I think they can only use CERTAIN Tp's, but how many channels on each one (as far as I know) will effect the bandwidth. Each tp is 38mbps, so as you add a channel, it decreases bitrate for all on that tp.

I think.

See I would have thought so too. But maybe some one could explain it better. But I was under the impression they could add as many channel as they want, as long as it doesn't exceed the max Frequency aloud by the FCC. I'm guessing,, I mean, I guess it would effect PQ if they were all on 1 transponder. But what I gathered 6 channel per TP on D10 and D11 KA band uses less bandwidth then what a 6 channels KU would. Meaning 4-6 channels wouldn't make much of a PQ difference if any. Thats again what I thought they meant. Please correct for us whom ever

FIOS in the Tampa market is getting a lot of HD channels in early October. My city of St. Petersburg doesn't yet have FIOS, but the cities and counties around me do. They are digging up my city now. In the mean time, I have DirecTV and am happy with them, but I could be happier. I also have BHN cable, and they are about worthless with HD premiums.

Please take a minute to look at this channel guide. Look at the second page of the PDF.

http://www22.verizon.com/NROneRetai...-49F5-96E2-31CCA4424840/0/FLGC_eff_100208.pdf

FIOS is getting just about every HD premium available. People keep asking, what channels in HD are there to add?? That is really a stupid question because a quick google search can give you that answer. I have had all 26 HBO/Max channels in SD for almost ten years with BHN, while many DirecTV subscribers didn't even know an Actionmax, Thrillermax, @max, Wmax, Outermax, HBO Zone, and HBO Comedy even existed. They (BHN cable) just don't have all the HD channels and I got tired of waiting and now have DirecTV, which has more HD premiums. But this is foolish. DirecTV has 4 of the 26 HBO/MAX channels in HD, while FIOS is getting all the Showtimes, HBOs, Max, TMC, Starz, etc.... all of them! Even Encore. Come on DirecTV, step up to the plate and give us a ton more premium HDs, AMC HD, Travel Channel HD, and Fox News HD.... I'll be happy for a while with those goodies. Otherwise, I will make the switch to FIOS when my DirecTV contract is up (which is about the time they'll be in my city with FIOS).

FIOS in the Tampa market is getting a lot of HD channels in early October. My city of St. Petersburg doesn't yet have FIOS, but the cities and counties around me do. They are digging up my city now. In the mean time, I have DirecTV and am happy with them, but I could be happier.

FIOS is getting just about every HD premium available. People keep asking, what channels in HD are there to add?? That is really a stupid question because a quick google search can give you that answer. I have had all 26 HBO/Max channels in SD for almost ten years with BHN, while many DirecTV subscribers didn't even know an Actionmax, Thrillermax, @max, Wmax, Outermax, HBO Zone, and HBO Comedy even existed. They (BHN cable) just don't have all the HD channels and I got tired of waiting and now have DirecTV, which has more HD premiums. But this is foolish. DirecTV has 4 of the 26 HBO/MAX channels in HD, while FIOS is getting all the Showtimes, HBOs, Max, TMC, Starz, etc.... all of them! Even Encore. Come on DirecTV, step up to the plate and give us a ton more premium HDs, AMC HD, Travel Channel HD, and Fox News HD.... I'll be happy for a while with those goodies. Otherwise, I will make the switch to FIOS when my DirecTV contract is up (which is about the time they'll be in my city with FIOS).

I live in Clearwater and have Directv. I used to carry both D* and Bright House and eventually dropped BHN, due to lack of HD content and WAY too many problems with Road Runner. I'd never drop Directv, as I love the Sunday Ticket, but I am curious about FIOS. I'd take a wait and see approach toward FIOS, mainly because Verizon is so BAD with everything they do. FIOS in other areas have ESPNU HD already. I love Directv's customer service and sports content, so I have no intentions on switching. The only downside to having all those movies channels is that there are only so many movies. You are paying to see the same movies at different times, which is the job of a DVR, IMO. I know "some" movies are original content to certain channels(lke showtime), but not many.

I live in Clearwater and have Directv. I used to carry both D* and Bright House and eventually dropped BHN, due to lack of HD content and WAY too many problems with Road Runner. I'd never drop Directv, as I love the Sunday Ticket, but I am curious about FIOS. I'd take a wait and see approach toward FIOS, mainly because Verizon is so BAD with everything they do. FIOS in other areas have ESPNU HD already. I love Directv's customer service and sports content, so I have no intentions on switching. The only downside to having all those movies channels is that there are only so many movies. You are paying to see the same movies at different times, which is the job of a DVR, IMO. I know "some" movies are original content to certain channels(lke showtime), but not many.

problems with road runner.....nah! :rolleyes:

The only downside to having all those movies channels is that there are only so many movies. You are paying to see the same movies at different times, which is the job of a DVR, IMO. I know "some" movies are original content to certain channels(lke showtime), but not many.

Lately, I have been going through the DirecTV Access magazine movie guide each month and highlighting movies I want to see. I then schedule from the website program grid to record to one of my HD-DVRs. I always have a lot of movies to watch that I actually want to see. This beats surfing the movie channels, but I still would like all the available movie channels in HD. Much of what I record ends up being off the SD channels. I want the HD versions like anybody else.

Status
Please reply by conversation.