New HD channels in Southern Maine

awheeler13

Original poster
Aug 28, 2006
Turned on the TV this morning and we had MTVHD and AEHD. So far not very impressed with AEHD as it seems to be alot like TNTHD, but atleast it doesn't strech like TNTHD does. At least we haven't lost any HD channels yet.

San Antonio TWC also added AEHD and MHD

TWC in San Antonio also added these two channels.

STILL, nothing new... in over a year...

And with the shutdown of INHD2, that puts Raleigh, NC's net total for 2006 at -1. Nice job, huh? HD is all the rage right now after this holiday shopping season and TWC is dropping the ball big time.

To quote Fletch (in costume), "It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man.".

For the record, I checked interactive program guide, the website and the flyer that accompanied the announcement of our newest rate increases, and saw nothing new. Still, as I am scrolling around changing channels what WAS listed as INHD2 (in the IPG) is now listed as MHD. And sure enough, there is a live channel attached.

Still, it is a token gesture at best. (I listen to music, not watch it, but that is just me.) It is long overdue, and I'm still waiting for better channels like Food Network HD, HGTV HD, National Geographic HD, and more. I know many of my friends are begging for ESPN2HD.

Is this the start of a new year that will see us finally getting some new decent HD content? I hope so. Am I holding my breath? If TWC is involved, no way.

Last edited:
Went to visit family in Santa Clarita and envy them since their TWC has MTV-HD.

Was watching a KISS concert... very nice :)

New Today

Turned the TV on tonight, and we now have CinemaxHD, StarzHD, and the Maine channel for CBS HD (We had been getting Boston CBS HD) now we have both.
This has been a good year for Time Warner in Southern Maine so far...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)