Status
Please reply by conversation.

rkish

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 6, 2008
Happy New Year!
smile.gif

Does anyone know if we will see any new HD channels in the next week or so?

MLB launched, one local market is supposed to launch in January (probably next week). That's all we've heard of. I predict a SLOW month.

I wish they'd add Travel Channel HD, Anthony Bourdain's No Reservations new season starts tonight.

It's sad that my local TWC offers it in their small tier of HD channels, but D* is holding out.

I have the Travel Channel on E*. I have yet to find anything actually in HD. It is in glorious stretch-o-vision. I looked at the listings for No Res. and it is not listed in HD either.
If someone has found HD on this channel,please tell me what it is so I can see what HD looks like on this channel.

I have the Travel Channel on E*. I have yet to find anything actually in HD. It is in glorious stretch-o-vision. I looked at the listings for No Res. and it is not listed in HD either.
If someone has found HD on this channel,please tell me what it is so I can see what HD looks like on this channel.

EVERY program that was produced in 2008 is in hd on the Travel Channel.
Nothing is stretched on this channel. I think you have your channels mixed up.

Don't look at the guide for the hd info. Many channels in hd will not be showing hd in the guide.

I thought Satracer said maybe another in Jan, but the one they were working on in late 2008 was postponed till March?

I just dont get it, they have space, and there is a few good channels to add now. I understand them not using all their space just in case, but come on. Hello TravelHD and ESPNUHD.

As tigerfan has said, Travel Channel HD shows A LOT of its programs in HD. I've been at my parents house and watched episodes that were clearly shot in HD with no stretch-o-vision.

A few shows I can think of off the top of my head shot in HD are No Reservations, Samantha Brown's various shows and Bizzare foods. I've also seen some of the shows that explore various amusement parks shot in HD.

I thought Satracer said maybe another in Jan, but the one they were working on in late 2008 was postponed till March?

I just dont get it, they have space, and there is a few good channels to add now. I understand them not using all their space just in case, but come on. Hello TravelHD and ESPNUHD.
He did say in one post that there will be one channel this week (the week after MLB Net launches), a few more in January, February, and March.

D* isn't, others very good chance to get something
Because? I agree that it will be slow more than likely, but lets not forget, out of the two sat companies ONE has added something new this year, the other hasnt.

So basically just asking why you think the others will, but D* isnt.

Because? I agree that it will be slow more than likely, but lets not forget, out of the two sat companies ONE has added something new this year, the other hasnt.

So basically just asking why you think the others will, but D* isnt.

his signature says it all:D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts