New HD coming to BellExpressVU

digiblur

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Jun 8, 2005
Louisiana
861 - TVAHD [MPEG2 HD] added to Nimiq2/3 82W TP 23 Canada/US beam (Not Available)
862 - TQSHD [MPEG2 HD] added to Nimiq2/3 82W TP 23 Canada/US beam (Not Available)
863 - RDSHD [MPEG2 HD] added to Nimiq2/3 82W TP 23 Canada/US beam (Not Available)

Bell CompressVU... They are probably 720p and will probably look okay. You can always hope they will move them before they become available.

great...around 9 Mbits per HD channel against 17-18 Mbits with Videotron....

And the rumors said that Bell will launch MPEG 4 receivers in october, and launch 3 HD channels in the same TP in MPEG 2.

861 - TVAHD [MPEG2 HD] added to Nimiq2/3 82W TP 23 Canada/US beam (Not Available)
862 - TQSHD [MPEG2 HD] added to Nimiq2/3 82W TP 23 Canada/US beam (Not Available)
863 - RDSHD [MPEG2 HD] added to Nimiq2/3 82W TP 23 Canada/US beam (Not Available)
All French channels, 720/60p, 8-10Mbps.
RDSHD - Historia Historia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
TQSHD - Series+ (same as S+HD)
TVAHD - Canal VIE (same as VIEHD)

The only three non-empty HD channels on this TP at the moment.

Diogen.

There's a new channel on the guide. Channel 855.

This channel write :

Introducing 6 new French HD Channels, coming soon !

- ZTele HD - Ch 854
- Vrak TV HD - Ch 855
- Historia HD - Ch 856
- TVA HD - Ch 861
- TQS HD - Ch 862
- RDS HD - Ch 863

First they need to find space on Nimiq 2 to add 6 HD channels...

And don't forget TVA HD and TQS HD are announced since more than 6 months and aren't available at this time...

So, i think we will see 854 (ZTEle HD), 855 (Vrak.TV HD) and 856 (Historia HD) only at spring 2008 when Nimiq 4 will be launched.

First they need to find space on Nimiq 2 to add 6 HD channels...

And don't forget TVA HD and TQS HD are announced since more than 6 months and aren't available at this time...

So, i think we will see 854 (ZTEle HD), 855 (Vrak.TV HD) and 856 (Historia HD) only at spring 2008 when Nimiq 4 will be launched.

There's room last time I checked.

So why they put a sports channel like RDS HD (with all 82 habs season game in HD) with TVA HD and TQS HD ? Or RDS HD will get 12-13 Mbits and TVA HD and TQS HD 6-7 Mbits each.

Anyways TVA HD present around 5 hours in HD / week and TQS HD 1 hour per week...Waste of bandwith

Anyways TVA HD present around 5 hours in HD / week and TQS HD 1 hour per week...Waste of bandwith
No more so than some English HD networks that show about the same amount.
Bell had to satisfy the french population as well as the english, especially since TQS & TVA are Cat 1 (must carry).

What alot of you are forgetting is that BEV was/is intended to servre the Canadian Market, not the US. That being so the official langues in Canada are english and french hence rthe serving both cultures.

Also keep in mind that there is a large customer base in Quebec in comparison to StarChoice (Canada's other Satellite provider). Given the fact that Videotron and Cogeco are big competitors to Bell, it's no surprise that they are trying to keep up on french HD offerings.

I don't understand why Bell said in the press release for the announcement of RDS HD (press release in french, not english), that they have the most channels in french, 13 to be exactly.

Videotron carry all the HD french channels and they have 11 (including RDS HD). Bell carry 6 HD french channels (Séries + HD, Canal Vie HD, Canal D HD, Super Écran HD), SRC HD, RDS HD + 2 PPV HD in french...Total : 8.

Why they announced 13 ? Because they said "coming soon" for TVA HD, TQS HD, Vrak.TV HD, Historia HD and Z Tele HD.

But for my part they totally lying...

I don't understand why Bell said in the press release for the announcement of RDS HD (press release in french, not english), that they have the most channels in french, 13 to be exactly.

Videotron carry all the HD french channels and they have 11 (including RDS HD). Bell carry 6 HD french channels (Séries + HD, Canal Vie HD, Canal D HD, Super Écran HD), SRC HD, RDS HD + 2 PPV HD in french...Total : 8.

Why they announced 13 ? Because they said "coming soon" for TVA HD, TQS HD, Vrak.TV HD, Historia HD and Z Tele HD.

But for my part they totally lying...

Do you sub to Bell ExpressVU?

Yes, but that does not mean they can say what they want and lying in a press release

If they said they have 13 french HD channels, just give it to me.

And i really like my service with ExpressVu, i get a lot of HD channels that i can't get with Videotron, but i don't accept this kind of "communiqué"...

It's the same thing when a channel said "HD" for a show and it's only 16:9 upscaled, not real HD.

Yes, but that does not mean they can say what they want and lying in a press release

If they said they have 13 french HD channels, just give it to me.

And i really like my service with ExpressVu, i get a lot of HD channels that i can't get with Videotron, but i don't accept this kind of "communiqué"...

It's the same thing when a channel said "HD" for a show and it's only 16:9 upscaled, not real HD.

I'd recommend switching to Starchoice when you can as it seems all of your posts you aren't happy at all with BellExpressVU.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)