New HD GUI

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Jimbo said:
Great, you'll regret doing that ....

Now anytime they have a question or issue, they'll be calling you !

No, I don't regret it. He's been with D* since 06. He has not had issues with his service. The only times he has called D* was to upgrade his system, replace a remote and add or remove channels.

The only questions he has asked me regarding D* were "what channel is the ppv boxing on?"

Dirextv started the rollout of the HD GUI to some customers and have their website updated with it. At that point, talking about it or even calling in a question about it is not a big deal. Directv CSRs should be familiar with it at this point.

Channel changing speed has a lot to do with your selection for using Native or not in the Menu's.
What's faster, native on or native off? I'm not sure what mine is set at, but it takes 6 seconds to change a channel now with software version 0x576 on a HR24-500.

It will look like this if you do; its easy to see the diff..

Attachments

• IMAG0176.jpg
    IMAG0176.jpg
    254.2 KB · Views: 202
  • IMAG0177.jpg
    IMAG0177.jpg
    187.3 KB · Views: 182
This new GUI looks looks and performs great. It is so much better then what we did have.

I also have Xfinity and it doesnt even compare to their new guide. Is is about 10 steps backwards!

Great job DirecTV!

last night I downloaded the new CE on my Living room R22 (which had an older CE on it) and it was weird. Rebooted it and lost all my locals in the guide. Then a minute later one popped up. Had to do a reauth online to get the rest back...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts