New HD GUI

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I'm somewhat surprised: D is usually so premium, but the lack of channel logos (as a previous poster also pointed out) is rather disappointing. Perhaps that is something D will add in later boxes.

How would that take up any hard drive space? The guide is in the RAM of the receiver, just like the old days.

It would not lag either.

I don't think the logos would take up much ram. Maybe 10 Mb.

The logo's are actually already in the receiver, just look at the info banner.

11kehjr.jpg

30kvvcj.jpg

I think it should be a user selectable option just like back in the Hughes days. With them you could pick thick guide lines that showed logos or thin guide lines that didn't and showed more channels at a time.

I think it should be a user selectable option just like back in the Hughes days. With them you could pick thick guide lines that showed logos or thin guide lines that didn't and showed more channels at a time.

That would be a nice option, (something that could be added with any software release), however, it's not available to us yet, so we use what we have available to us.

They could make a lot of this stuff changeable, but remember, most people that have issues CALL in to D*, not come to a site to find answers, that means the 1st level CSR would have that much more to deal with ... aka read off the script.
That would cause more issues.
Possibly why the D* branded recvrs came about in the first place !

The Mini Guide that we have today came from the Hughes recvrs.

I feel that logos un-clutter the guide. If the logo is there, it makes the whole thing easier to read due to the different colors. That is the only complaint I would have about the new guide; otherwise I am excited to see it.

dahauss said:
Any way to force this update ?

Yes but you have to do it when there is a CE update. (go into the CE forum and click on the Ce Release Notification w/email) you'll see directions to subscribe to the alert list. Then you'll be informed when the new updates are released. They're usually Friday and Saturday nights.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)