New HD GUI

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Any way to force this update ?

Yes but you have to do it when there is a CE update. (go into the CE forum and click on the Ce Release Notification w/email) you'll see directions to subscribe to the alert list. Then you'll be informed when the new updates are released. They're usually Friday and Saturday nights.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Also READ this, so you know what your getting into:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/directv...2-directv-cutting-edge-program-terms-faq.html

It's not really a flaw, the H20 doesn't have the ability to have the hd gui. I don't know if it's a memory or processing issue.

That is a flaw to me at least. I'm still a new customer (August) and got the crappy H20, instead of the fancy one they show you online on their home page. I felt duped and I can't switch it unless I pay money that I don't have. So, I'm stuck with this slow, clunky, freezing up all the time guide that I really hate using and everyone else get the now hotness.

That is a flaw to me at least. I'm still a new customer (August) and got the crappy H20, instead of the fancy one they show you online on their home page. I felt duped and I can't switch it unless I pay money that I don't have. So, I'm stuck with this slow, clunky, freezing up all the time guide that I really hate using and everyone else get the now hotness.

Call them up and tell them you would like to have the NEW HD GUI and that they gave you an outdated recvr when you signed up ... worst they can say is No they can't help you.

How long have you been with them ?

Call them up and tell them you would like to have the NEW HD GUI and that they gave you an outdated recvr when you signed up ... worst they can say is No they can't help you.

How long have you been with them ?

Just called them up and they sent me over to technical support. I told them about my guide issues and that I wanted to see about a new receiver and they asked me if I planned to upgrade to a 3D TV and they said that they would upgrade me since the H20 isn't 3D capable.

So I get a guaranteed upgraded receiver and I will get the new HD Guide when it rolls out. Yay me!!!

Thanks for your help.

Just called them up and they sent me over to technical support. I told them about my guide issues and that I wanted to see about a new receiver and they asked me if I planned to upgrade to a 3D TV and they said that they would upgrade me since the H20 isn't 3D capable.

So I get a guaranteed upgraded receiver and I will get the new HD Guide when it rolls out. Yay me!!!

Thanks for your help.

Careful, often when they upgrade a receiver, it comes with a new 2 year contract.

once its rolled out nationwide it will auto update. as of right now we gave to force it during the ce times

Well she said it was because I planned to upgrade and that I'm a new customer (3 months old) and that I was nice to her.

She did say i would have to activate it, is that what you mean?

since you're such a new customer its irrelevant

activating it means once its hooked up and ready to go just call them up and activate it so you get the programming you pay for on the receiver (then they'll deactivate the other machine)

Will the HR 24/100 get this update i just signed up 3 months ago

Yes, it will. Probably in November sometime. If you want to get it earlier, you have to participate in the CE program. Check that forum.

Exactly what model IS this H20 ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)