New HD GUI

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Help!

I had the CE and everyone I know around already had received the national release but I didnt really care that I havent received.

I was just watching a show and my screen went black and it started downloading. It downloaded 0x4db and not the new national release. Why would it do this???

Can someone tell me how to get the new software back; either CE or national release.

Thanks!!!

Help!

I had the CE and everyone I know around already had received the national release but I didnt really care that I havent received.

I was just watching a show and my screen went black and it started downloading. It downloaded 0x4db and not the new national release. Why would it do this???

Can someone tell me how to get the new software back; either CE or national release.

Thanks!!!

So it gave you the Old Giu ?

You can d/l the CE again Friday night, thats one option.
Another would be to get up in the early morning (after 3am, before 6) some have reported being able to get the CE at that time as well.

Last edited:
To anyone who forced download and for the SD GUI even though their market has the HD GUI now - I just went through the same thing.

I ended up with the SD GUI but that night my receiver forced the NR release download so I'm back with the national release. It may take a day or two, but you'll get the NR soon after on your box.

I think the dates listed just mean when the rollout starts in a paticular DMA.

That's what happened as I got the updated guide this morning ~3am or so, I'd guess. It was there this morning when I turned on the HR22.

I clicked around the guide for a little while. I see the faster response easily. I like it so far. It's not intrusive or distracting to me and that's after seeing the blue guide for many years.

To anyone who forced download and for the SD GUI even though their market has the HD GUI now - I just went through the same thing.

I ended up with the SD GUI but that night my receiver forced the NR release download so I'm back with the national release. It may take a day or two, but you'll get the NR soon after on your box.

Yeah, same here. All of my complaining yesterday was for nothing, since both of my boxes downloaded the new HD NR overnight after my force download last night reverted me to the SD version.

good to know. Maybe I'll go back to the SD gui **gasp** for a day or so on my main R22

good to know. Maybe I'll go back to the SD gui **gasp** for a day or so on my main R22
The Horror!:p Seriously though I downgraded to SD version Monday,because I knew my area was scheduled for today. The national version was downloaded when I turned it on this morning. It said it upgraded at 2:42 (central time). That probably means they put it in the stream at 3 eastern like other people are saying.

Well I went back to the SD GUI.......good lord

What's funny is the R22 in the computer room has had the SD GUI this whole time (until Yesterday) and I never had an issue with it. But now that the main R22 has it I'm like "oh crap PLEASE update to the new GUI" ;)

it looks pretty accurate. If your city is up for a specific day it will go that early morning. Minneapolis was the 10th and we got it early yesterday Morning

After my receiver screwed up last night it downloaded the new GUI at 3:45 this morning.

However, i do not have pandora or you tube. Where does it show? Is there a wait for it to show up? I typed the word in search but still nothing.

it looks pretty accurate. If your city is up for a specific day it will go that early morning. Minneapolis was the 10th and we got it early yesterday Morning
I'm in DC and it was supposed to be the 10th but nothing yet... HR21-100.

i was also wondering about pandora. the hd gui downloaded yesterday and everything seems to be working great. i looked under extras and it's not there yet. question: do you need an ethernet connection to get pandora? i'm a novice when it comes to that stuff so take it easy on me. fyi, i do have broadband internet.

Once again words and phases are incorrectly over-stated. There is not a DirecTV "screw up"; if you have the HD box and HD service; well.... anyone can figure out the rest. Technology moves forward while some choose to stay behind and invent work-arounds or do without; which is their right and their personal business, but not for those businesses that are moving forward. Why would they continue to spend anymore money and time to support or build in work-arounds for old tech? It makes no smart business sense; so they leave it to those minority of users that choose that path. Plain and simple progress.

What you are forgetting is that those of us with the problem are not neccesarily "old tech" people but people that use cutting edge technology and technology to its fullest. SlingBoxes, Video Modulators, ect, were being used by us long before most even thought of getting a HDTV. A simple software change taking away or giving us the option to take away that stupid warning is all that it would take. Not all equipment nor 100% of household use 100% HD only TV's and equipment. We are not asking for a major overhaul of te software or the box, just a simple software upgrade to turn off the damn warning! Another solution would be to just show the warning once per viewing session, not everytime you press the guide button, FF or RW, or change channels.

i've read and read to find an answer before making the thread even longer. Got the update 2 nights ago, love the look and feel, but missing some features, like "you might also like" and My Directv. Does it take a while to fully load?

Yes, it will take a while to fully load. I don't use this feature that much but with cast and crew, it took at least 3 days for this feature to be fully loaded on my HDDVR after installation of the new GUI.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)