New HD GUI

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I can’t believe why people are so fascinated by this new GUI which adds nothing to its content, no substance with just more glitters. Instead of spending money on these B.S. glitters DTV should start spending more on substance like providing decent mainstream HD channels to their disappointed subscribers.

Where are the BBC-HD, Cooking-HD, DIY-HD, E!-HD, HLN-HD, ID-HD, LMN-HD, NatGeo_Wild-HD, TCM-HD, FMC-HD, etc. It seems to me DTV is just using U.S. subscribers to subsidize their Latin America operation, which to me it’s just another corporate B.S.

Last I heard DTV stock has taken a big hit with most analysts downgraded them (well-deserved), meaning earnings are about to get hit hard and it's about time.

IMHO

Revert back to the NR...and yes its the old guide
Chicago was on the 10th (like Minneapolis was) and tonight it will redownload the new HD GUI

January 10, 2012 -
CHICAGO IL
DALLAS-FORT WORTH TX
HOUSTON TX
WASHINGTON DC – HAGERSTOWN MD
MINNEAPOLIS-ST PAUL MN
SAN ANTONIO TX
KANSAS CITY MO

today was a bunch

January 12, 2012 -
BUFFALO NY
BURLINGTON VT- PLATTSBURGH NY
ALBANY-SCHENECTADY-TROY NY
SYRACUSE NY
ROCHESTER NY
BINGHAMTON NY
WATERTOWN NY
UTICA NY
ELMIRA NY
PHILADELPHIA PA
JACKSONVILLE FL-BRUNSWICK GA
HARRISBURG-LANCASTER PA
WILKES BARRE-SCRANTON PA
AUGUSTA GA
MACON GA
JOHNSTOWN-ALTOONA PA
SAVANNAH GA
COLUMBUS GA
ALBANY GA
ERIE PA
YAKIMA-PASCO-RICHLAND WA

I can’t believe why people are so fascinated by this new GUI which adds nothing to its content, no substance with just more glitters. Instead of spending money on these B.S. glitters DTV should start spending more on substance like providing decent mainstream HD channels to their disappointed subscribers. Where are the BBC-HD, Cooking-HD, DIY-HD, E!-HD, HLN-HD, ID-HD, LMN-HD, NatGeo_Wild-HD, TCM-HD, FMC-HD, etc. It seems to me DTV is just using U.S. subscribers to subsidize their Latin America operation, which to me it’s just another corporate B.S. Last I heard DTV stock has taken a big hit with most analysts downgraded them (well-deserved), meaning earnings are about to get hit hard and it's about time. IMHO
why would discussion this? we don't know when more HD are being added, and we know the is HD GUI is coming out day-by-day

today was a bunch

January 12, 2012 -
BUFFALO NY
BURLINGTON VT- PLATTSBURGH NY
ALBANY-SCHENECTADY-TROY NY
SYRACUSE NY
ROCHESTER NY
BINGHAMTON NY
WATERTOWN NY
UTICA NY
ELMIRA NY
PHILADELPHIA PA
JACKSONVILLE FL-BRUNSWICK GA
HARRISBURG-LANCASTER PA
WILKES BARRE-SCRANTON PA
AUGUSTA GA
MACON GA
JOHNSTOWN-ALTOONA PA
SAVANNAH GA
COLUMBUS GA
ALBANY GA
ERIE PA
YAKIMA-PASCO-RICHLAND WA

i am in Erie, and have HR22/100, and didn't get it today

If you are using a CE currently it wont override that. You would have to revert back to the national release (04D1) and then wait a day or so for it to update

Iceberg said:
If you are using a CE currently it wont override that. You would have to revert back to the national release (04D1) and then wait a day or so for it to update

How do I revert back to the national release

do a reboot (red button on front of receiver or in the menus it says restart receiver)
as soon as the lights come back on the receiver (nothing may be on the TV yet) press
in that order

It will say "just a few more minutes" then go to a "searching for software" screen. It may take 5 minutes to grab the old SD software but it will grab it, download, then reboot.
If your city already got the new software it should reload the HD GUI tonight then

i was also wondering about pandora. the hd gui downloaded yesterday and everything seems to be working great. i looked under extras and it's not there yet. question: do you need an ethernet connection to get pandora? i'm a novice when it comes to that stuff so take it easy on me. fyi, i do have broadband internet.

Yes, you need an internet connection for Pandora, and the on demand also.

It showed up in south central Wisconsin last night, interrupting a movie I was watching that had been paused for an hour, and I lost all of that.

I am shocked at how much faster it is. My HR21-100 has always been slow and I thought it always would be.

That's the only real benefit that I've noticed. Yes, the new UI is cleaner, but I haven't noticed that it offers anything that I didn't have before.

I can't tell what time it is by looking at the guide screen. They moved the clock well up into the upper right corner and my TV's overscan obscures so much of it that I can't see the time. This is a real pain because I've always used that clock to see how far into the half-hour it is, with regards to the programs shown in the guide.

It showed up in south central Wisconsin last night, interrupting a movie I was watching that had been paused for an hour, and I lost all of that.

I am shocked at how much faster it is. My HR21-100 has always been slow and I thought it always would be.

That's the only real benefit that I've noticed. Yes, the new UI is cleaner, but I haven't noticed that it offers anything that I didn't have before.

I can't tell what time it is by looking at the guide screen. They moved the clock well up into the upper right corner and my TV's overscan obscures so much of it that I can't see the time. This is a real pain because I've always used that clock to see how far into the half-hour it is, with regards to the programs shown in the guide.

Can you make the Overscan adjustment in your TV, some can, others not, mine can.

No, I cannot change it without going deep into the technical service menus and hoping that I adjust it correctly, without screwing up any other parameters. I have a 3-gun rear projection CRT and I would have to hope that I would not screw up my alignment.

No, I cannot change it without going deep into the technical service menus and hoping that I adjust it correctly, without screwing up any other parameters. I have a 3-gun rear projection CRT and I would have to hope that I would not screw up my alignment.

Thats unfortunate ... :(

mine is in perfect position; just measures and its easily 4 - 5 inches inside the top right corner. under that where you say is "open space" there are cover or poster that will appear if available. how bad is your overscan?

Attachments

• IMAG0243.jpg
    IMAG0243.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 144
Status
Please reply by conversation.