New HD GUI

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Finally got it last night and loving it so far! As said before, the guide is much much faster. I did notice that the quick launch channel selector (push up on your remote) doesn't have the channel logos yet.

Finally got it last night and loving it so far! As said before, the guide is much much faster. I did notice that the quick launch channel selector (push up on your remote) doesn't have the channel logos yet.

I'd go ahead and reset it, one of mine didn't have quicktune logos at first and after 2 days it still didn't although all channel logos and program logos were there. I reset the box, and they showed up immediately. The reset procedure seems faster with the new software.

Great! Thanks...I'll give it a shot

I'd go ahead and reset it, one of mine didn't have quicktune logos at first and after 2 days it still didn't although all channel logos and program logos were there. I reset the box, and they showed up immediately. The reset procedure seems faster with the new software.

Yesterday my HR24 and H25s had the new guide. Today my H24 has it. I really like it, much easier to read, especially of course, on the 2 HDs and the ED, but also an improvement on the SD receiver. I knew it was coming, my wife gave me a "What happened" look last nite when she first saw it. (I'm sure I told her it was coming, but that was months ago.) Not that she is complaining about it, she'd only complain if they switched channel #s and she couldn't find the three channels she watches.

The print is too small on this new update. Especially the date and also the programs time like 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM . In fact all the print is too small for me.

The print is too small on this new update. Especially the date and also the programs time like 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM . In fact all the print is too small for me.

You need a bigger television! ;)

Wow, I feel the exact opposite - they could shrink the font sizes down in order to fit more information per screen and I'd love it. Of course, ideally there would be a toggle for this in the Settings screen, so that those with smaller TVs, or who sit further away, or those with worse eyesight could keep what is there, and those that would rather have more text on the screen could choose to switch to the smaller fonts.

I agree. They really should have like a small, normal and large font setting. Maybe on small we could see more of a grid guide.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Since this is an HD GUI, I think the bottom status banner could be moved down a bit and made smaller.
There's no real need to allow for overscan with HDTVs.

I would also like to see more channels and hours in the guide.
The height of each row could be made smaller and thus be able to add at least one more row.
If the font were one or two pixels smaller then the # hours might be able to go out at least 2.
Another thing I see is that the top area where the show description is shown could move up one line to allow more space for the guide.
These could also be done for the Play List.

For the most part, I like the new GUI.

My HR23 is a bit sluggish to bring up menus, but nothing like it was before this upgrade.
This isn't a real problem as that unit is in the bedroom and is accessed via the HR24 in the living room.
Scrolling the guide is a lot faster.

Wow, I feel the exact opposite - they could shrink the font sizes down in order to fit more information per screen and I'd love it. Of course, ideally there would be a toggle for this in the Settings screen, so that those with smaller TVs, or who sit further away, or those with worse eyesight could keep what is there, and those that would rather have more text on the screen could choose to switch to the smaller fonts.

well, that's the thing. the font is smaller but there isn't more info on the screen. it's like they made the font smaller just for the sake of making it smaller. i don't understand the purpose of doing that.

Mo Fly said:
well, that's the thing. the font is smaller but there isn't more info on the screen. it's like they made the font smaller just for the sake of making it smaller. i don't understand the purpose of doing that.

I didn't know they made it smaller, to be honest. I find it just as easy to read as the older version, even when I'm 30+ feet away (I do have a 73" screen, however.)

What is the software version on the national release? I am in Toledo DMA and have been running, and currently show 0x599 from 1/7/12 on (2) - HR21's and a HR24. I tried rbr on 1 HR21 earlier today and software vesion and date did not change.

What is the software version on the national release? I am in Toledo DMA and have been running, and currently show 0x599 from 1/7/12 on (2) - HR21's and a HR24. I tried rbr on 1 HR21 earlier today and software vesion and date did not change.

The software wont change unless yout doing a CE update, if your already up to date.
I think 59c is the latest.

57b is the NR

Last edited:
Since this is an HD GUI, I think the bottom status banner could be moved down a bit and made smaller.
There's no real need to allow for overscan with HDTVs.

I would also like to see more channels and hours in the guide.
The height of each row could be made smaller and thus be able to add at least one more row.
If the font were one or two pixels smaller then the # hours might be able to go out at least 2.
Another thing I see is that the top area where the show description is shown could move up one line to allow more space for the guide.
These could also be done for the Play List.

For the most part, I like the new GUI.

My HR23 is a bit sluggish to bring up menus, but nothing like it was before this upgrade.
This isn't a real problem as that unit is in the bedroom and is accessed via the HR24 in the living room.
Scrolling the guide is a lot faster.

Browsing the web and other forums I did find this mockup...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)