New HD GUI

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I wonder if anyone doesnt like it.... I know there will be thousands of people that will have some crazy problem with it. But nobody has come out of the woodwork yet that I have seen.

I haven't seen it yet but already I don't like it. I do a lot of recording to DVDs and the new guide will not show up on an SD connection. Just a message to set your receiver to output 480i only.

I haven't seen it yet but already I don't like it. I do a lot of recording to DVDs and the new guide will not show up on an SD connection. Just a message to set your receiver to output 480i only.

Isn't that a good thing? Why do you want the guide in your recordings?

Get a HDV Tape deck and record in HD via component. :D

yep thats a known issue

Just get a component-to-composite (Monoprice $40) or HDMI-to-composite converter; the receiver will think it is only outputting to HD so you can drive an SD box/DVR etc with no problem.

Will the download be avail tonight? If so can someone alert me when it is available? Also, how do i force a download to get it?

Thanks for your help

Am no sure..but I donwload las weekend around 9 pm mountain time..just reset the box an put 0,2,4,6,8 .but not sure if tonight is CE !

Just get a component-to-composite (Monoprice $40) or HDMI-to-composite converter; the receiver will think it is only outputting to HD so you can drive an SD box/DVR etc with no problem.

If it was just one that's what I would do but I would need five, maybe I can find something cheaper. I'm still hoping to figure out a work around, have some ideas that I will try when it gets here. Thanks for the advice.

JerryVolunteer said:
Will the download be avail tonight? If so can someone alert me when it is available? Also, how do i force a download to get it?

Thanks for your help

It was available last night, that was when I downloaded it on both of my hr24s. Download time was at about 10:30pm mountain time. I saw on another thread that the downloads can be done Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts