New HD GUI

Status
Please reply by conversation.

joed32

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jun 21, 2005
Riverside, Ca
I wonder if anyone doesnt like it.... I know there will be thousands of people that will have some crazy problem with it. But nobody has come out of the woodwork yet that I have seen.

I haven't seen it yet but already I don't like it. I do a lot of recording to DVDs and the new guide will not show up on an SD connection. Just a message to set your receiver to output 480i only.

TheTechGuru

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 30, 2010
Texas
I haven't seen it yet but already I don't like it. I do a lot of recording to DVDs and the new guide will not show up on an SD connection. Just a message to set your receiver to output 480i only.

Isn't that a good thing? Why do you want the guide in your recordings?

Get a HDV Tape deck and record in HD via component. :D

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
yep thats a known issue

texasbrit

SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
Cutting Edge
Apr 12, 2006
Just get a component-to-composite (Monoprice $40) or HDMI-to-composite converter; the receiver will think it is only outputting to HD so you can drive an SD box/DVR etc with no problem.

JerryVolunteer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Aug 30, 2004
Memphis, TN
Will the download be avail tonight? If so can someone alert me when it is available? Also, how do i force a download to get it?

Thanks for your help

ADJLATINO

SatelliteGuys Family
Oct 21, 2011
Am no sure..but I donwload las weekend around 9 pm mountain time..just reset the box an put 0,2,4,6,8 .but not sure if tonight is CE !

joed32

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jun 21, 2005
Riverside, Ca
Just get a component-to-composite (Monoprice $40) or HDMI-to-composite converter; the receiver will think it is only outputting to HD so you can drive an SD box/DVR etc with no problem.

If it was just one that's what I would do but I would need five, maybe I can find something cheaper. I'm still hoping to figure out a work around, have some ideas that I will try when it gets here. Thanks for the advice.

cave1376

SatelliteGuys Pro
Mar 25, 2010
Hells waiting room (El Paso,TX)
JerryVolunteer said:
Will the download be avail tonight? If so can someone alert me when it is available? Also, how do i force a download to get it?

Thanks for your help

It was available last night, that was when I downloaded it on both of my hr24s. Download time was at about 10:30pm mountain time. I saw on another thread that the downloads can be done Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)