New HD GUI

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I got tired of waiting and did a forced d/l early this morning. The new guide is much faster and a lot nicer looking than the previous. I thought the old guide looked pretty archaic compared with what I had with DN. This is a huge improvement.

Hey guys, what do you think about the upcoming Comcast guide? Comcast shows off its new 'Barcelona' HD guide upgrade - Engadget

What I wish DirecTV would of done is incorperate multiple guide views like Comcast did. The default view Comcast chose is 9 channels by 2 hours. The "Max Guide" removes the P.I.G. and shows 11 channels by 2 hours. I also like how the mini-guide shows 4 channels by 2 hours.

I just hope DirecTV uses that as inspiration and creates some more "High Res" guide views in the future.

I have (4) HR24's in my house and one the 2 I regularly use, one has the new guide and the other one doesnt.

Im not impressed.

If you had any dvrs other than the HR24, the increase in speed would impress you.

Hey guys, what do you think about the upcoming Comcast guide? Comcast shows off its new 'Barcelona' HD guide upgrade - Engadget

What I wish DirecTV would of done is incorperate multiple guide views like Comcast did. The default view Comcast chose is 9 channels by 2 hours. The "Max Guide" removes the P.I.G. and shows 11 channels by 2 hours. I also like how the mini-guide shows 4 channels by 2 hours.

I just hope DirecTV uses that as inspiration and creates some more "High Res" guide views in the future.

After looking at Comcast's guide here - The 7 to 9 channels in the guide, I like the 7 better ... While looking at the 2 hour guide vs the 1.5 D* uses, I would not have a problem with a 2 hour guide, however, I think some were talking about going to a 3 hour guide, which I think would be too squished and hard to read.

Thats how I felt about the 9 channels in the guide as well.

Also, as for the Mini Guide, I like the 1 line, maybe 2 line mini guide better, with the 4 line guide, your taking up too much of the picture.

I got the HD guide last Saturday night and I noticed that when you go to the info of a movie it has the RottenTomatoes.com ratings on it. I thought that was a cool addition. I don't think that was there before anyways.

I forced it @ 2 am yesterday (Wed) morning. There's a link to the firmware watcher on this thread I think. When it's active you can force it.

The new GUI CE is only available on Fri and Sat night correct?

The CE is almost always on Friday and Saturday nights, but since it's being sent out nationally, you can get it if you do the 02468 reset and if it's in the data stream at that time. Here is a link to the firmware watcher:DirecTV Firmware Watcher

How does the firmware watcher work,does it list when firmware time is available. I tried looking at it but it's a little confusing

How does the firmware watcher work,does it list when firmware time is available. I tried looking at it but it's a little confusing

It doesn't do it ahead of time to show you what is coming up, you have to look at it at the time and see iof by chance it's there, it should only change hourly.

The national release is downloading now...as the schedule said it would. I'm in San Diego. (057B)

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Hey guys,
I'm in the Toledo area, which is 50 miles south of Detroit, Detroit was scheduled to get the HD Gui on Dec 8th.

I wonder if instead of flowing from the West to the East like they normally do, are they instead going by DMA instead.

Detroit got the Locals very early, but me being in the area, but not that DMA, waited much longer , wonder if thats what is happening ?

Of course, if that was the case, NY and LA would already have it ... As for Detroit, I don't know if they got it on the 8th either.

Jimbo said:
Which schedule are you looking at ?

My area was "Scheduled " to be here on Dec 8th, but it's not.

The last one posted.San Diego was scheduled for the 13th on the original schedule posted somewhere on this board. Then someone posted a 'revised' schedule but my area stayed the same. Looks to me like it's jumping all over the place. Sorry, I don't know exactly where the schedule was posted. :(

I was actually watching tv & had kinda given up but it started around 2:15 am. :)

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Hey guys,
I'm in the Toledo area, which is 50 miles south of Detroit, Detroit was scheduled to get the HD Gui on Dec 8th.

I wonder if instead of flowing from the West to the East like they normally do, are they instead going by DMA instead.

Detroit got the Locals very early, but me being in the area, but not that DMA, waited much longer , wonder if thats what is happening ?

Of course, if that was the case, NY and LA would already have it ... As for Detroit, I don't know if they got it on the 8th either.

I wonder if you can do a "move" to Detroit just for a couple of nights just to see if you can get the new UI or not (unless you already have it through the CE) I don't have D* so I have no idea if Detroit got it or not.

I wonder if you can do a "move" to Detroit just for a couple of nights just to see if you can get the new UI or not (unless you already have it through the CE) I don't have D* so I have no idea if Detroit got it or not.

I've already got it thru the CE, but have friends that are waiting on it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)