New HD GUI

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I was looking at that list, originally I thought they said it was going to be rolled out from the West to the East, I didn't know they were going by DMA 's, when I saw Detroit, I figured we would get it in our area at that time.
Now that it Looks like they are rolling out by DMA's instead, it's gonna be awhile as my market is not even listed yet.

Yesterday morning I grabbed the new HD GUI from the stream for my HR24 with no problems. So far we love it!
So this morning I decided to grab the new firmware for our H25 it said it was downloading the new firmware but later on I came back to check it and it still has the old guide.

So what I'm wondering is could it have started the download and aborted it on it's own??

OR

Since this receiver is connected to a non-hd tv connected via rca cables, could it have detected that there's not an HD connection and reverted back to the old guide?

Since this receiver is connected to a non-hd tv connected via rca cables, could it have detected that there's not an HD connection and reverted back to the old guide?

If its set to 480i it can still grab it. I've grabbed the CE version on my H23 hooked to a SDTV through rca cables numerous times :)

Downloaded this morning. Very quick. I did notice that when you do info it list the cast but no birthdate etc.

I guess that's not a big deal since I won't be sending out birthday cards. :)

jacob said:
I just forced the download at 6:10 eastern time this morning. So far I really like it. My H23-600 is so much quicker. The PIP is on the left when I bring up my guide, it used to be on the right. That will take a little getting used to but no big deal.

They have a picture of the program on the right now.

Unless I missed it somewhere in this thread, NONE of you noticed the massive amount of tearing after getting the new firmware? It looks like the box is taking the source and trying to deinterlace it (even 480p and 720p). I want the old firmware back until they fix this -- this is unwatchable.

-- Brian

Unless I missed it somewhere in this thread, NONE of you noticed the massive amount of tearing after getting the new firmware? It looks like the box is taking the source and trying to deinterlace it (even 480p and 720p). I want the old firmware back until they fix this -- this is unwatchable.

-- Brian

Not happening here, I'm sure others would have mentioned it earlier if it was something happening everywhere.

Many of us have been using it for 3+ months now.

Maybe this is a dumb question but what is 'tearing'?
I don't see any deterioration in my PQ.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)