New HD GUI

Status
Please reply by conversation.

runningnak3d

Dec 14, 2011
Tampa, FL
There was a firmware pushed out last night ?

Actually it was either the night before or sometime during the day yesterday. When I got home last night I had the new HD GUI on my HR24 and two H25s. Sorry for the confusion on that :)

Strange that none of you are having this issue. To make sure it wasn't my display, I hooked the HR24 up to a Samsung T260HD monitor off my PC... same problem. Bottom line, I have ruled out the boxes and the displays, so the only thing that changed between two days ago and now is the firmware. I am getting another HR24 tomorrow (I was already getting it before this issue), hopefully I can boot it without upgrading the firmware. If it does, is there a way to prevent firmware from being auto-updated?

-- Brian

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jul 14, 2005
NW Ohio - Buckeye Country
Actually it was either the night before or sometime during the day yesterday. When I got home last night I had the new HD GUI on my HR24 and two H25s. Sorry for the confusion on that :)

Strange that none of you are having this issue. To make sure it wasn't my display, I hooked the HR24 up to a Samsung T260HD monitor off my PC... same problem. Bottom line, I have ruled out the boxes and the displays, so the only thing that changed between two days ago and now is the firmware. I am getting another HR24 tomorrow (I was already getting it before this issue), hopefully I can boot it without upgrading the firmware. If it does, is there a way to prevent firmware from being auto-updated?

-- Brian

There is no way to Not get the firmware once D* releases it Nationally and it has hit everyone.

hclarkjr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Mar 6, 2009
PA
is there anyway to change the colors for the background and such? the black background can be hard to see sometimes.

hoos51

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 2, 2008
Looks like my receiver rebooted by itself this afternoon. This is after I forced the download this morning. Is that normal?

tjdean

Apr 13, 2004
I just forced the download at 6:10 eastern time this morning. So far I really like it. My H23-600 is so much quicker. The PIP is on the left when I bring up my guide, it used to be on the right. That will take a little getting used to but no big deal.

How do you force a download?

hoos51

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 2, 2008
tjdean said:
How do you force a download?
Shared post from 'SatelliteGuys.US' by LightningGA from thread 'New HD GUI':

I cut and pasted from an earlier post. It helped me :)

First read this so you understand how to get your receiver to download the new firmware: http://www.satelliteguys.us/directv-cutting-edge-ce-discussion-forum/149732-directv-cutting-edge-program-terms-faq.html#post1532030

Second, you need to check here: DirecTV Firmware Watcher to see if the correct Firmware is in the stream for your receiver, it should be either 057b or 047b. Over the last week I noticed it's usually in the stream between 3-4am pacific time.

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jul 14, 2005
Looks like my receiver rebooted by itself this afternoon. This is after I forced the download this morning. Is that normal?

It may have been d/ling addl. software, seeing you did the initial download, I would,say Yes, this is normal.
Particularly if this is the first time for the New Gui on that recvr.

kattheaunt

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 3, 2011
I believe many areas will not receive it until next year but someone here may know something different. Good luck on getting it soon. :)

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

hoos51

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 2, 2008
I noticed this morning new " stuff " showing up on the info guide. So after you force the download neat stuff can show up a day or two later.

Has anyotne seen the icons when you push info, ones a tomato, popcorn bag and something that looks like a green snow flake, these are all followed by a percentage number. I have some clue what I think they are.

Does anyone know for sure ?

hoos51

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 2, 2008
lparsons21 said:
yeah, one is Rotten Tomatoes (tomato, green snowflake looking thing) ratings the other is Flixster ratings.

Yep. Found it. Green is flattened bad tomato,...healthy red is good ( these are ratings apparently by critics..)

The popcorn is a viewer rating......and of course you still have the STARS....how many ratings do u need? Lol

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jul 14, 2005
I noticed this morning new " stuff " showing up on the info guide. So after you force the download neat stuff can show up a day or two later.

Has anyotne seen the icons when you push info, ones a tomato, popcorn bag and something that looks like a green snow flake, these are all followed by a percentage number. I have some clue what I think they are.

Does anyone know for sure ?

Yep. Found it. Green is flattened bad tomato,...healthy red is good ( these are ratings apparently by critics..)

The popcorn is a viewer rating......and of course you still have the STARS....how many ratings do u need? Lol

Curious, do these only show on channels showing a Movie, or all ?

hoos51

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 2, 2008
Jimbo said:
Curious, do these only show on channels showing a Movie, or all ?

Seems like a mix. But might want to wait another 24 hours to see if it shows up everywhere.

scsa

SatelliteGuys Family
Aug 18, 2006
Any one know when cape coral or fort myers Florida gets the guide because the 6 and the 14 were the days florida were going to get it. We are south of Tampa and Orlando and north of fort laurderdale which was getting it on the 6th and Orlando got it this week thanks for any help.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)