New HD GUI

Status
Please reply by conversation.
My GUI has not been updated yet (I have the 24 model.) Is it being updated in phases?

It should be completed getting to everyone's receivers that are elligible by Feb 8th. We launched it on Dec 8th and the plan was to have it out nationally to all custs within 2 months. So I believe each week it's released into new markets.

"We"? please expound.

Welcome KidInTheHall

It should be completed getting to everyone's receivers that are elligible by Feb 8th. We launched it on Dec 8th and the plan was to have it out nationally to all custs within 2 months. So I believe each week it's released into new markets.

Yeah I'm sorry, I do work for the company that does tech support for DirecTV and one thing they drill into our head is when we talk about DirecTV we use the term "we" so we don't seperate ourselves from the company. lol just becomes habit after a while.

You might also add in a signature line that your advise and answers ares not necessarily supported by DirecTV and the customer should always double check their info; to protect your job status..

So do you work for DirecTV or contract?

YW! and yep, even though you don't actually work for DirecTV saying things without a disclaimer can be risky these days especially if you are not 110% dead on with the info or advice provided since they view you as "a person without authorization to speak on our behalf" - or whatever the legalese is.

Well for anything I wasn't sure about I've tried to make it clear so there's no misunderstandings and to also make sure I do not use the term "we" but I've updated a sig just to be safe.

This really sucks that the GUI doesn't work on SD TV's that are also hooked up when the receiver is in HD mode. Anybody know a work around for this?

are you talking about having more than one TV connected: then get a 2nd receiver for TV #2

are you talking about have only one TV connected that happens to be SD only: then try switching the unit to 480P or upgrade to an HDTV or add a converter.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)