New HD is here

I remember getting the audio from MTV on my radio at a low frequency. I never understand that. I assumed a cable box outside our home had to be resonating the signal somehow. Only last a couple weeks, I think. I think I could also get CBS too.

Ah, you must have been a Valley boy like me. A high school buddy of mine had Chuck Conners for his next door neighbor. That was in Woodland Hills. I grew up in Reseda, Dan Blocker lived a few blocks away (in the days before Bonanza) and Gorgeous George lived literally around the corner from my house. I used to ride my bike over to the Double R Bar Ranch in Chatsworth and have been known to pet Trigger on the snout over the fence. Gabby Hayes lived across the street from a youth club that I belonged to in Northridge. He would visit with us from time to time. Nice man!

I lived in Reseda from 1962 until 1998 and remember seeing lots of TV and movie people. I worked at Litton Data Systems in Van Nuys the whole time. Left California and moved to the Twin Cities, MN in 98 and now live in West Fargo about 50 miles from where I was born and grew up.

Saw Chad Everett once at an airport I was passing through to catch another plane. Didn't talk to him, but from about 20 feet away, I could tell it was him. Met Buck Owens and the Buckaroos back in the early 70's. Those are the only names I can drop. ;)

Used to work in radio and my partner and I interviewed a lot of celebs. George Burns, Bob Hope, Ray Bolger, etc. It was a lot of fun. Visited Chad Everett at his ranch once. A nice guy. I have been looking for one of his movies from the 60s, Johnny Tiger. Hard to find. Saw it at a theater I think in 1966.

Used to work in radio and my partner and I interviewed a lot of celebs. George Burns, Bob Hope, Ray Bolger, etc. It was a lot of fun. Visited Chad Everett at his ranch once. A nice guy. I have been looking for one of his movies from the 60s, Johnny Tiger. Hard to find. Saw it at a theater I think in 1966.
I can’t vouch for the vendor but here ya go:

Just looked him up on imdb, so didn't know he'd done much in films. Most of career was on tv shows and tv movies.

It is available, but you have to stream it from dishanywhere, and use a Chrome browser. (Safari browser may also work, but I am not sure about that.)

The national feed is also SD-only. Maybe if you are lucky enough to live in a market where Dish carries the local affiliate in HD, or if you can get good OTA reception of your HD local affiliate, that would be a good option.
Yeah, we get MeTV local in HD, both via LIL satellite and OTA. Some of the shows look GREAT. They are SD, but the PQ is brilliant and the color great. MeTV has manged to get good quality, likely digital, copies to air. Several shows look almost as good as HD. Of course, the commercials are HD, along with cutaways for Svenghoolie and that new show about collections hosted by the very attractive rich girl character from Fact of Life, that is in proper HD, too. BTW, she still looks GREAT! Whoever married her got darn LUCKY!

Reactions: Howard Simmons
I can’t vouch for the vendor but here ya go:

That must be a pirated copy. Many of these companies never send the product, just a rip off, or if you do get it, the pq is poor. Years ago I bought some material, I was lucky to get it, some some of the discs never loaded. Johnny Tiger is on You Tube, but again the pq is horrible. Someone told me that TCM ran it years ago, but I never saw it. Maybe they will repeat it in time.

Did you have a freeway running through your yard?
Actually, no.... There was a Reseda Freeway on the early books but that would have been going down Reseda Bl. a mile and a half from my house. That never happened. I remember when there were no freeways at all in the SanFernando Valley. The closest was the end of the Hollywood freeway in Studio City. Then they built the Ventura Freeway that went from the Hollywood and ended at Tampa Ave in Tarzana. They opened that stretch in 1960 just as I got my first driver's license. Later they continued that north and it is almost all freeway now all the way to my present home in Rohnert Park and beyond.

Last edited:
Not sure what you mean by half of a day. It has been almost a year.
Well we need TV land in HD before any cowboy or ride channels! TV land is showing LOTS of programs that WERE in HD when on original channels and should be on TVLand as well.

Well we need TV land in HD before any cowboy or ride channels! TV land is showing LOTS of programs that WERE in HD when on original channels and should be on TVLand as well.

Luckily I get TV Land in HD with my other provider, Spectrum, with its TV Choice streaming package.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Like I said earlier, TV Land HD is available streaming:
It is available, but you have to stream it from dishanywhere, and use a Chrome browser. (Safari browser may also work, but I am not sure about that.)
In a recent uplink report, Dish started testing a collapsible channel (290) in the guide for streaming channels on Hopper and Wally receivers. So, when Dish finally rolls that out to the public, maybe all of those streaming channels that currently require dishanywhere will actually become available through the satellite receivers.
New Uplinks / Mappings – Channels Available
290 STRMS added to 119° TP 7 (Subchannel EPG Hidden) AVAILABLE (Limited)
290 STRMS added to 72.7° TP 5 (Subchannel EPG Hidden) AVAILABLE (Limited)

Of course, in the case of TV Land, Dish may end up losing that channel entirely, due to the upcoming Viacom dispute. :(

Viacom dispute? With everyone stuck at home, losing channels is a really bad idea at this time...
I agree, and so does Dish. That is why they reached truces with all of the local channel owners across the country, that had been in dispute before the crisis. However, that principle has not stopped Dish from preparing for a Viacom dispute anyway, just in case Viacom decides to pull their channels: Viacom/Dish Dispute Forthcoming?

Viacom dispute? With everyone stuck at home, losing channels is a really bad idea at this time...

I think that’s how Viacom sees it.

I think Dish sees it as being put over a barrel and they don’t like that. Especially since nothing on Viacom is “compelling.”

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)