New HD is up!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Correct, until DISH fixes them.
Wonder if dish will compensate us for not being able to receive those new HD channels? It shouldn't be our fault they can't get those channels to us! chatted with tech support and was told I would have to have a tech come out and change dishes from my 110 and 119 location to the eastern arc. would cost me over 100.00 and another 2 year commitment just so I can receive the new HD!

Revised moment of truth: Absolute edition of should I stay or should I go (to AT200)

With Absolute (but not on Silver): Bio, Hallmark Movie, National Geo, Planet Green, Science, Tennis, Versus

With Silver (but not on Absolute): BBC-A, BET, Big Ten, E!, Fox News, FX, MTV, MSNBC, Nick, Speed, Tru, VH1

With a monthly bill increase of $28/month more, I'd be able to trade in 5 HD channels I don't watch (2 I watch occasionally) for 7 HD channels I'd watch and 5 meh HD channels I probably wouldn't, a ton of sirus/xm channels, and several SD channels.... think I am (just about) convinced.

Wonder if dish will compensate us for not being able to receive those new HD channels? It shouldn't be our fault they can't get those channels to us! chatted with tech support and was told I would have to have a tech come out and change dishes from my 110 and 119 location to the eastern arc. would cost me over 100.00 and another 2 year commitment just so I can receive the new HD!

Wow. Did you tell them where to go? Unbelievable. They are at fault for this mess, and they expect us to pay on top of that. What a joke.

What a piece or junk E* has turned into, first they jack up my price of sevice alot, then they add new HD channels I can't get, off goes a very angry email. I will not sign a new contract and I am not going to pay to have another dish put up.

Revised moment of truth: Absolute edition of should I stay or should I go (to AT200)

With Absolute (but not on Silver): Bio, Hallmark Movie, National Geo, Planet Green, Science, Tennis, Versus

With Silver (but not on Absolute): BBC-A, BET, Big Ten, E!, Fox News, FX, MTV, MSNBC, Nick, Speed, Tru, VH1

With a monthly bill increase of $28/month more, I'd be able to trade in 5 HD channels I don't watch (2 I watch occasionally) for 7 HD channels I'd watch and 5 meh HD channels I probably wouldn't, a ton of sirus/xm channels, and several SD channels.... think I am (just about) convinced.

Like you I'm almost on that fence. The next phase of HD channels will probably determine one way or the other....

BBCA

Went to 9450 for BBCA HD...It was "Red Out" (Call to subscribe)....had to call Dish as I am on AT250 +HD... The tech said he would correct it in 10-15 min...Plus he said Dish will remove the $10 HD fee...Now that is good news.:)

Wondering the same thing myself...but thankfully the meh channels for me are in Silver/Gold. Only thing I'm really missing is with Absolute MSNBC (and BBCA for all the BBC World News they air.)

It amazes me that no matter what Dish does, people will find something to complain about. I should note that this is true with everything in life, not just against Dish. Not matter what is done someone will find something to complain about.

Well my contract was up Monday and I have no intention of renewing, so will see what all this brings about before maybe downgrading or jumping back to Directv.

Shouldn't be any 2 yr commitment if you're just upgrading your dish. I would call back.

if you want to see what satellite a channel is on go the the channel you want to find out about. Once on the channel press 6, 1, and 1 you should be in the point dish screen. Look to see what satellite it says and that is which satellite the channel is on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)