New HD is up!

It amazes me that no matter what Dish does, people will find something to complain about. I should note that this is true with everything in life, not just against Dish. Not matter what is done someone will find something to complain about.

Well all due respect, people have a right to complain. I've been a loyal customer since the late 90's. And I have tried in the past to upgrade to EA. I was told that I would have to pay for it, which I didnt feel was right at the time, as one it wasnt my fault my current system is out dated, and two, it wasnt necessary at the time since I was getting all the channels. But now it necessary and they still expect customers to shell out money for something that is not their fault.

I understand there are satellite issues that prevent the new HD from going on 61.5, but that is beyond my control, and Dish should have had a back up plan to deal with us who now cant get these new HD. The fair thing to do was upgrade us free of charge.

The last promotional period Dish just had allowed customers to upgrade for free. Even now if you ask Dish you may be able to upgrade for free. As for not getting HD right now, just give the chance to fix the problem.

Wonder if dish will compensate us for not being able to receive those new HD channels? It shouldn't be our fault they can't get those channels to us! chatted with tech support and was told I would have to have a tech come out and change dishes from my 110 and 119 location to the eastern arc. would cost me over 100.00 and another 2 year commitment just so I can receive the new HD!

I'm concerned about that as well as I'm out of contract and don't want to reup.

However, the consensus seems to be that the addition of 129 or upgrade to EA should not require a commitment unless you need to change one or more of your receivers as well (i.e. go MPEG4).

The last promotional period Dish just had allowed customers to upgrade for free. Even now if you ask Dish you may be able to upgrade for free. As for not getting HD right now, just give the chance to fix the problem.

I plan on trying to get a free upgrade again either later or tomorrow once things settle down.

I wouldnt mind waiting another few weeks to get these new hd once they get things sorted out and get them 61.5 with E6. But no one seems to know when that is or what the game plan is. My problem is Dish doesnt seem to have a plan in place.

Just remember guys..those of you with 61.5 its likely a reason you have it... 129 is way lower in elevation and tree's play hell with it. As an installer I won't think twice about calling a No LOS for 129.... sure upsets people but what can you do and NO I will not wait around for them to cut tree's... time is money.

If you know you can get it just repoint the 61.5 dish... simple and would only take a few mins and is what I would do anyway, I'll be damned if I'm going to take down two dishes to put up another when I can just repoint the 61.5 and save alot of time.

As for the channels I'm happy but still would like ESNPU in HD and AMC in HD!!! :rant:

What HD Channels were released today? What HD Channels will be released tomorrow or did they release them all today?Ty for any replies:)

I have Turbo HD Gold and I get NONE of the nre HD.

What a fcuking joke. How can I get none? Does that make any sense at all?

I mean look at the name "Turbo HD Gold". You'd think I'd get some HD with the friggan package. Maybe tha't why they renamed it.

I'm calling to complain. Dish Network SUCKS!

Just remember guys..those of you with 61.5 its likely a reason you have it... 129 is way lower in elevation and tree's play hell with it. As an installer I won't think twice about calling a No LOS for 129.... sure upsets people but what can you do and NO I will not wait around for them to cut tree's... time is money.

If you know you can get it just repoint the 61.5 dish... simple and would only take a few mins and is what I would do anyway, I'll be damned if I'm going to take down two dishes to put up another when I can just repoint the 61.5 and save alot of time.

As for the channels I'm happy but still would like ESNPU in HD and AMC in HD!!! :rant:

Repoint it to what?

I have Turbo HD Gold and I get NONE of the nre HD.

What a fcuking joke. How can I get none? Does that make any sense at all?

I mean look at the name "Turbo HD Gold". You'd think I'd get some HD with the friggan package. Maybe tha't why they renamed it.

I'm calling to complain. Dish Network SUCKS!

No sh*t this is the second time that they have added new HD and no show

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts