New HD is UP

And in typical Dish fashion, they are in red in my guide in AK, not avail because we live here, even though I can see every satellite just fine. :mad::mad:

A:
1) ShortsTV is the first television channel dedicated to short films.
Google to find out more.
2) What about Military-HD or Discovery ID-HD :p
3) ..

Last time I checked, Military HD did not exist, and there were no announced plans for it.

Glad to see you guys getting more of what you want. I do have a question. How is Dish able to continually add more and more HD each month without any more birds being launched?

Last time I checked, Military HD did not exist, and there were no announced plans for it.

A:
1) ShortsTV is the first television channel dedicated to short films.
Google to find out more.
2) What about Military-HD or Discovery ID-HD :p
3) ..

Thanks, I was just musing.

I'm not saying History International HD isn't worthy, just that, at first blush, one could duplicate its utility by time-shifting HC content. But, hey, I'm sure many people would question why I need RFD-HD. :)

Boy, how the worm turns. 6-8 months ago, who would have thought that Dish would be launching new HD while DirecTV struggles. Of course there were some who predicted it despite the fact it seemed like a fantasy.

Glad to see you guys getting more of what you want. I do have a question. How is Dish able to continually add more and more HD each month without any more birds being launched?

Better compression schemes becoming available. But I would be willing to bet they had these launches planned in advance and spread them out over a period of time. Who knows, as long as the quality stays more or less the same. :up

EPIX promised current movies. Maybe that is EPIX and not available on DISH.

EPIX1 seems to be old films from the last century.
Today on EPIX:

1:45pm EDT Mother

3:30pm EDT New In Town

5:15pm EDT The Curious Case of Benjamin Button

8:00pm EDT More Than A Game

10:00pm EDT Madea Goes to Jail

Madea and Bennie Button are both pretty new..

RFDTVHD,OUTDOOR CHANNELHD AND QVCHD Possibly coming next month.I was checking a uplink on it says there are about nine TMP Hd Channels that are on Echostar 6 that could be testing for new HD that could be coming real soon.maybe Scott will have more infomation in the future.

TCM HD was on my list of most wanted channels. Time to check that one off :bday :hatsoff:

Although I hear the channel itself is not up to par yet with HD transfers but i'm sure they'll get there.

Thanks, I was just musing.

I'm not saying History International HD isn't worthy, just that, at first blush, one could duplicate its utility by time-shifting HC content. But, hey, I'm sure many people would question why I need RFD-HD. :)

Boy, how the worm turns. 6-8 months ago, who would have thought that Dish would be launching new HD while DirecTV struggles. Of course there were some who predicted it despite the fact it seemed like a fantasy.

Who knows what's going on with D* these days?

I don't question why you want RFD-HD, and I'm a lifelong suburbanite.

Most of us want MORE HD. :hungry:

However, your muse on Military is a bit much. We can beat Dish up for plenty of things that are their fault like Voom, ESPNU HD, receiver and DVR fees, etc. They don't need to be (and shouldn't be) blamed for stretch-o-vision on Food/A&E/Lifetime/TNT/HGTV/TBS/Toon/Hist/etc., lack of HD on G4, etc.

As for similar to Military HD, check out SMC HD. Yeah, I know it's not the same, but there are a LOT of weapons and hunting shows on SMC. It's mostly (low quality but still) HD, too. My wife got off the couch when I watched this pathetic squirrel hunt on the channel. She cringed listening to the tree rat fall and hit every branch before the thud when it hit the ground. Oops! :p IOW, there's decent sound on SMC HD, too!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts