New HD is UP

hey! i just noticed the new channels today! dint even know they were coming. been waiting for hln hd. i've got a 1002.
:)
edit : now if they just put my hd locals on there, ill be good to go. one of these days...

Just counted the HD channels available to me with AEP+HD+Platinum
Drum roll.....
103!
Add the other HD channels available to me in HD Sports Alternates (6), PPV -sports & moviesa) (16), NFL RedZone and Hussler HD....the total becomes...
Timpani please!
127!
I guess we could add all the RSNs that have HD versions (part and full time) and the VOD HD "channels" listed on channel 501 to inflate the number to about 170 or so.
Then count the 30 NBA and NHL HD channel numbers they use for the league passes. to get to the magic number.
Good for Dish! The actual number is about as relevant as DirecTV's 200 HD channel capacity claim. :) and probably no coincidence that they're both now talking about "200".

Okay, for those who may not understand dish solutuins and what channels are available where:

A Dish 1000.4 is aimed at three satellite locations. 61.5°, 72.7° and 77°
A Dish 1000.2 is aimed at three satellite locations. 110°, 119° and 129°

If you have any combination of dishes one, two or three dishes that gets either set of three satellite locations, you get all the national channels. You don't need to do anything. You are all set. You get everything. Relax and forget any talk of replacing satellite dishes.
There is a difference in HD local channels and Regional sports channels available, but not national channels.

HOWEVER,
If you have an older set-up that mixes and matches from the two sets (Basically 110/119/61.5 which was a common set up for the original HD services and the long-lost, never forgotten VOOM channels), you will be missing up to 16 national HD channels now...and that will only get worse and not better as time goes on.

And not getting this batch either! Wondering when dish will pull the channels i currently get from 61.5 and move them to 72.7 and my box will become useless.

Okay, for those who may not understand dish solutuins and what channels are available where:

A Dish 1000.4 is aimed at three satellite locations. 61.5°, 72.7° and 77°
A Dish 1000.2 is aimed at three satellite locations. 110°, 119° and 129°

If you have any combination of dishes one, two or three dishes that gets either set of three satellite locations, you get all the national channels. You don't need to do anything. You are all set. You get everything. Relax and forget any talk of replacing satellite dishes.
There is a difference in HD local channels and Regional sports channels available, but not national channels.

HOWEVER,
If you have an older set-up that mixes and matches from the two sets (Basically 110/119/61.5 which was a common set up for the original HD services and the long-lost, never forgotten VOOM channels), you will be missing up to 16 national HD channels now...and that will only get worse and not better as time goes on.

dish still craetes work orders daily (i see them every day) to install 110/119/61.5
so, its not really an older setup.

It was a good set-up for over a decade (since 1997 or 98 when 119/61.5 was needed for locals) until a couple of months ago when Dish pulled this idiocy making it an outdated set-up. Now it is an incomplete set-up. Anyone getting a 110/119/61.5 set up now is getting ripped off.

Yes the 2nd is a western feed.

The 2nd is not the western feed. The western feed is listed as Epix 1 HD West on the distribution feed on AMC 10. There are also four Epix2 HD and SD East and West feeds listed. But they don't appear to have any programming at this time. Possibly placeholders for a future channel. They have lots of extra bandwidth in the mux.

These additions have inspired me to drop my Dish America package and add Top 120 with HD and Platinum. I just did it for EPIX. I hope it is worth it. If not, I'll just switch back. It would be nice to know if anyone on any level of Dish America got any new channels.

Did you do your count on the 922? From the press release, they make it sound like you have to have the large disk drive on the 922 to reach the magic 200 number. I'm guessing that they have loaded additional VOD or PPV on that larger drive which allows 922 users to reach the 200 count.

Nope. Did it on our 622 receiver. Put it on HD only and went through the guide. I also skipped the repeated channels in the 9000 area.

And not getting this batch either! Wondering when dish will pull the channels i currently get from 61.5 and move them to 72.7 and my box will become useless.

No, your "box" will be fine. Your dish setup will need to change. They might do this for free, or around $15 or around $100. I'd expect more deals as the time approaches for duplicating programming on 72.7 from 61.5, and then dropping the 61.5 version.

They previously said they'd start this process in the fall. We now are hearing it has been delayed.

Stay tuned for further delays. :p

These additions have inspired me to drop my Dish America package and add Top 120 with HD and Platinum. I just did it for EPIX. I hope it is worth it. If not, I'll just switch back. It would be nice to know if anyone on any level of Dish America got any new channels.

The first level of Dish America, the former Turbo Bronze, got nada. G4 is there but it's a free preview this month and only in SD.

Originally Posted by Volmaul

Answer:

I have the so called Dish America Gold Package, which is the top level of the Dish America packages and I did not receive any of the new HD channels this time or any other time they were added in the past months.
I have 110, 119, and 129.

And Absolute also hasn't had the multiple price hikes that Turbo has (or the now-broken "promise" from Charlie) -- so it's hard to expect to see any new channels to that package.

agreed. I expect 0 more.. and am pleasantly pleased that we get a new crumb every few months anyway.... this month.. 2 crumbs :)

agreed. I expect 0 more.. and am pleasantly pleased that we get a new crumb every few months anyway.... this month.. 2 crumbs :)
It's great you're getting crumbs, but it is salt in the wound for Turbo subs. For whatever reason DISH likes to piss us off and give us nothing (despite past unfulfilled promises to the contrary).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)