New HD is UP

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
well..... so far im hearing not 200 channels ... not really in hd ... so ..... what is it ..... can anyone give a true count ... i saw a lot of guestimates....

wonder how long it will take for these channels to show up in remote access.... couple of movies on Epix i wouldn't mind tagging while they are on my mind.

They will show up as soon as your receiver loads the complete listings. When the channels are first made public, the receiver is getting program info from the satellite of current and next program only and it is not committed to the receiver's hard drive. When the receiver loads the guide (either in its own time or forced download) it will be in the receiver's hard drive for you to see through remote access.

See ya
Tony

All the channels are on here (Gold HD w/ "free" Platinum add-on).

Only thing is Shorts-HD seems to be breaking up a bit (actually, more like "smearing"). My signal-strength on 72.7 (forget which transponder) shows 54.

well..... so far im hearing not 200 channels ... not really in hd ... so ..... what is it ..... can anyone give a true count ... i saw a lot of guestimates....

Just counted the HD channels available to me with AEP+HD+Platinum

Drum roll.....

103!

Add the other HD channels available to me in HD Sports Alternates (6), PPV -sports & moviesa) (16), NFL RedZone and Hussler HD....the total becomes...

Timpani please!

127!

I guess we could add all the RSNs that have HD versions (part and full time) and the VOD HD "channels" listed on channel 501 to inflate the number to about 170 or so.

Then count the 30 NBA and NHL HD channel numbers they use for the league passes. to get to the magic number.

I guess we could add all the RSNs that have HD versions (part and full time) and the VOD HD "channels" listed on channel 501 to inflate the number to about 170 or so.

Then count the 30 NBA and NHL HD channel numbers they use for the league passes. to get to the magic number.

this is where i believe they get their numbers as well. i have the center ice package and really appreciate my HD hockey feeds! i guess their inclusion to the "200" HD channels is debatable.

I just went through and counted all the HD channels listed on our showrrom receiver. It's pretty close to 200, give or take a few channels. I counted every channel they have listed as HD. I know that no one else counts the Alternate HD and the PPV but they are available HD channels. So I guess technically they are correct.

They will show up as soon as your receiver loads the complete listings. When the channels are first made public, the receiver is getting program info from the satellite of current and next program only and it is not committed to the receiver's hard drive. When the receiver loads the guide (either in its own time or forced download) it will be in the receiver's hard drive for you to see through remote access.

See ya
Tony
Hey TNGTony, will you be updating www.dishchannelchart.com soon?

I just went through and counted all the HD channels listed on our showrrom receiver. It's pretty close to 200, give or take a few channels. I counted every channel they have listed as HD. I know that no one else counts the Alternate HD and the PPV but they are available HD channels. So I guess technically they are correct.

Did you do your count on the 922? From the press release, they make it sound like you have to have the large disk drive on the 922 to reach the magic 200 number. I'm guessing that they have loaded additional VOD or PPV on that larger drive which allows 922 users to reach the 200 count.

Hey TNGTony, will you be updating www.dishchannelchart.com soon?

I won't pull a Charlie Ergen on you. The simple answer right now is no. I don't have the time to devote to it and neither does BobaBird. I bought a house and all the extra work it entails to keep it and the yard up to snuff. It was taking me upwards of 2 hours a day just on that page to keep up with it.

Use "The List" linked at the top of every page here.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/thelist

I would seriously contemplate switching right now if football season didn't exist. that is the only thing keeping me with D*. HD DVR is terrible and they are lacking in channels

well I have eastern arc 61.5 and 1000.4 dish and I am not missing no HD channels or other channels. the only thing I do not have is my local channels I do not get
That makes no sense whatsoever. The EA 1000.4 already gets 61.5. Are you saying you have a wing dish in addition to your EA dish? If so, point it at 129 and you should get your locals.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)