New HD on DishNetwork? "Soon" might be right around the corner...

I'm sure after these three channels go live, Charlie will say that these are the three most requested channels and they're just responding to customer demand.

Yeah, right.

Or that's how Charlie can add more HD and not have to raise the dishHD package price;)

I've heard rumblings of an additional channel coming that DirecTV people drooled over with the start of their new HD campaign.

I sent a PM to Scott to see if he can find some more info...

Hopefully tomorrow we will see something new on the uplink report.... the question is how long until it is in the guide on your receiver?

Lets see--what new channel Direct wanted-Could it be the Travel Channel hd:)

I need to edit this. Digi said when Direct started their hd campaign. I have no clue.

Just went out and voted... came back to a few reports that Smithsonian HD has been uplinked!

It also looks like these channels are now on 61.5 as well as 129.

It should be noted that the folks seeing these channels are in NO WAY hacking the signal.

Now from where I sit, I am wondering if a lot of people are calling Dish Network and canceling VOOM and saving $10 a month and these new channels will only be in the $20 package (and HD only package) but not in the $10.

If this is the case it shows me that Voom was not the HD glue Dish thought it was.

I still want my USA HD though. :D (Yeah yeah and you guys want SpeedHD) :D

a person was looking for the yule log in HD and found it was airing on dish network on mojo, then looking through their listings I saw smithsonian and MGM...which was a "mistake" they were up there :) maybe it was a mistake the timing, but I think Dish still has several suprises up their sleeve!

One by one it looks like almost the same channels that you saw on the website. Except maybe the fish channel.:)

Dish has signed agreements with lots of channels already. However I dont expect mainy of these channels until later in the year.

I would hope that Speed HD would be one to launch on Dish soon, but would not bet the house on it. :)

They are not on the report but are up there. They are not mapped into the channel maps yet. Maybe tomorrow? Maybe gone tonight?

The way I see things though, they are preparing for tomorrows changes today.

The channels are UPLINKED and are being sent, but are not seen in the uplink report because those transponders being used are not in the maps as being active, need needs to add those transponders to its maps and then customers can see them.

Did I explain that correctly Digiblur? :)

They should put the WFN on the RSN transponder (129tp8), and then kill it when they need space for baseball games.

I agree - "WTF WFN?"

4th TV (3rd receiver) question

Replacement 622 keeps rebooting

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)