New HD on DishNetwork? "Soon" might be right around the corner...

The channels are UPLINKED and are being sent, but are not seen in the uplink report because those transponders being used are not in the maps as being active, need needs to add those transponders to its maps and then customers can see them.

Did I explain that correctly Digiblur? :)

Yep.

Those channels actually seem rational to me. They can get people feel more compelled to buy the $20 HD pack, or go the $30 HD-only pack (assume they will be included), but not enough to get most too excited, because if they add all the popular new HDs and include them in the all-HD pack, people will just cancel their AT packs and E* will lose big money. Why would they do that?

Now from where I sit, I am wondering if a lot of people are calling Dish Network and canceling VOOM and saving $10 a month and these new channels will only be in the $20 package (and HD only package) but not in the $10.

Yep. These changes boost the $20 pack and the All HD pack.

Those channels actually seem rational to me. They can get people feel more compelled to buy the $20 HD pack, or go the $30 HD-only pack (assume they will be included), but not enough to get most too excited, because if they add all the popular new HDs and include them in the all-HD pack, people will just cancel their AT packs and E* will lose big money. Why would they do that?

That's good point, to which I would respond: Yeah, sure, they could lose big money if people canceled their AT packs to go all HD, but they could lose bigger money if people started canceling Dish altogether to go to DirectTV to get the channels they really want. :)

There's always a bigger fish. :D

They probably are not too worried right now about the glue in the $20 pack. Most people probably do not realize there is a $10 pack right now. They are probably worried about more new customers picking the $10 vs the $20. They probably want to get the new channels before people get their bill increase and call to see how they can save money to offset the price increase.

What is Mojo and MGM? Are they sports or movies or maybe a mix or something like TNT. Never heard of them. Oh, btw, my first post as a pub member!

Man just got back from a trip in Texas went to the River Walk it was fun. Anyway WOW! Great Info Scott and Dig thanks for all the info you guys provide and yes I would love to see Speed HD due to I'm a big NASCAR fan.. If we can get some of these new channels you guys have mention along with USA Network HD and Sci-Fi HD that would be big for Dish. I would think that would close the gap with Direct as well. Man gone for four days on a trip and good news to come back to. Well I got 4 out of 14 autograph request back as well so its been a nice couple of days. Again thanks for all the info lets keep our fingers crossed.. :)

I bet there are a lot of us newbies since yesterday. I had to join to see the news; besides thanks to this site I got free showtime for 3 months and cinemax for a penny.

Man just got back from a trip in Texas went to the River Walk it was fun. Anyway WOW! Great Info Scott and Dig thanks for all the info you guys provide and yes I would love to see Speed HD due to I'm a big NASCAR fan.. If we can get some of these new channels you guys have mention along with USA Network HD and Sci-Fi HD that would be big for Dish. I would think that would close the gap with Direct as well. Man gone for four days on a trip and good news to come back to. Well I got 4 out of 14 autograph request back as well so its been a nice couple of days. Again thanks for all the info lets keep our fingers crossed.. :)

Watch out Poke! The topic police have made a round in here already. I'd hate to see you get arrested on your first day back for making any irrelevant posts. :D

New member as of 4:00 central time ... sounds like some good stuff coming! Great job guys and glad to support. Any word on the Travel Channel? Sorry if this is a duplicate but I just joined.

Thanks

4th TV (3rd receiver) question

Replacement 622 keeps rebooting

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)