New HD on DishNetwork? "Soon" might be right around the corner...

No. Even if they are in the uplink tomorrow afternoon there is nothing saying they will turn them on to Customers tomorrow.

Dish has been quiet, but they do know they need to do something so I would expect to see them this week by the end of the week (turned on)

As I said before I expect that they are putting these channels up because many folks are dropping the $20 HD package with Voom in favor of the essentials pack, so all these channels will only be seen in the $20 and $39 package.

No. Even if they are in the uplink tomorrow afternoon there is nothing saying they will turn them on to Customers tomorrow.

Dish has been quiet, but they do know they need to do something so I would expect to see them this week by the end of the week (turned on)

As I said before I expect that they are putting these channels up because many folks are dropping the $20 HD package with Voom in favor of the essentials pack, so all these channels will only be seen in the $20 and $39 package.

Don't you mean $29.00 pack Scott?

This just in...

I dont have this one confirmed but I just got a note telling me that Tennis Channel HD was just uplinked.

Man I got to get my setup working again I feel like I am in the dark over here. :)

This just in...

I dont have this one confirmed but I just got a note telling me that Tennis Channel HD was just uplinked.

Man I got to get my setup working again I feel like I am in the dark over here. :)

Just wondering, is there a possiblity that other things may be happening that you or Digi don't see. You guys see a lot, don't get me wrong, but is that possible. I am just wondering if dish doesn't have a big day planned since they know directv is planning one for themselves.

Just wondering, is there a possiblity that other things may be happening that you or Digi don't see. You guys see a lot, don't get me wrong, but is that possible. I am just wondering if dish doesn't have a big day planned since they know directv is planning one for themselves.

Its possible, Digi can not see the scambled channels, there could be more ready to go which we dont know about.

Hey guys! Long time reader....first time supporter.

Rerouted $20 over here with the money I saved dropping to the $10 HD pack. :hatsoff:

Its a shame they are adding all these misc. channels that will only be in the $20 package.

I used to be such a huge promotor of Dish and recommended it to everyone. Dish is showing more and more that their claim of not adding channels because they want to keep the prices down is a bunch of crap. If it was really about keeping prices down then they wouldnt all of a sudden get some magical bandwidth just to keep people on the $20 pack.

Furthermore I'm still bitter they dont have Cincy locals in HD yet. Every other provider including DirectTV has them here. I've said that multiple times on this site.

------

Now that I got that off my chest I still love Dish's DVR and their interface. I have gone to people's houses with DirectTV and the channel lineup makes little sense to me and the guide looks awful. The guide on my 2700 receiver in 1998 still looks better then a lot of the current DirectTV models.

The other two things that keep me with dish are their customer service and external storage. I have yet to have a Dish horror story with their CSR's. (probably because 99 percent of any changes to my account go through the ceo address.)

Thanks Scott, Digiblur, and the rest of the regulars around here who make this forum so great. To me the $20 I just spent was well worth all the help and information I have got from this forum over the years.

Scott:

Any news at all on plans for the Travel Channel? This would be a nice compliment to Equator HD ... one of my favorite channels.

Thanks for all the work ... just signed on today!

I hate to seem picky... they're adding HD (by the looks of it), but a good chunk of it is very niche stuff that I dont think most people will watch. Tennis? Fishing? Seems like a lot of it is cheap. Now mind you, If I can get SciFi and FX i'll be a very happy camper.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)