New HD on DishNetwork? "Soon" might be right around the corner...

This just in...

I dont have this one confirmed but I just got a note telling me that Tennis Channel HD was just uplinked.

Man I got to get my setup working again I feel like I am in the dark over here. :)

Very cool.... there 3 or 4 test channels on 129 that are encrypted. Must be one of them.

By the way count me as another "new" supporting member. I want to thank Scott for this GREAT site, it has helped me immensely. From Cinemax for $.01, to which HD channels were coming online next before others knew. So yes this membership is very worth it.

Ok having said that, I hope that another HBO HD channel is one of the other HD channels that are up there encrypted, SHO Too HD, and maybe even the Weather Channel HD would be ok, but I don't really think I would watch that channel that much, I don't now.

I believe we will be some significant changes on the report tomorrow with 61.5 and 129 due to changes along with the typical 121/105 removals we've been seeing. I don't think we will see this stuff available right away though, as everything doesn't look to be together and poised 100% just yet. Possibly a Thursday AM shuffle... maybe a Friday or next Wednesday available to sub changes.

Just my 2 cents of speculation.....

Lets hope the other ones are

FX HD
Speed HD
CNN HD

I read on another site that Direct has a 6 month exclusive contract for FX HD and Spike HD that expires in June. If that's true, then I'd say June is the earliest we'd see either of those two channels.

I hope this is wrong and would welcome someone correcting me.

I believe we will be some significant changes on the report tomorrow with 61.5 and 129 due to changes along with the typical 121/105 removals we've been seeing. I don't think we will see this stuff available right away though, as everything doesn't look to be together and poised 100% just yet. Possibly a Thursday AM shuffle... maybe a Friday or next Wednesday available to sub changes.

Just my 2 cents of speculation.....

Hey digi,

I hope you are wrong on the speculation.... :D:D:D

I would REALLY love to have some new HD channels this week. lol

Fish and Tennis HD...Wow...I guess RFD-HD will be next contestant on Charlie's Price is Right. (read: cheap)

No need for that mainstream stuff like SPEED, USA, SciFi, etc...that can all wait till more sats are up...nobody wants those things anyways. :rolleyes:

Not that I'm looking forward to the fish and balls channels, I don't get where speed is mainstream. They are only appealing to people who like tennis, fishing and racing.

Alot of Nascar coverage on Speed, and like it or not Nascar IS* pretty mainstream.

Adding MGM, MoJo and Smithsonian, definately will get me to keep the full HD package, but Tennis, Speed and Fishing doesnt do anything for me, but I bet i would watch them on occasion.

I agree they need to throw us a big bone or 2 with USA, Sci-fi and others as well.

But SOME new HD is better than NO new HD, even if its not that compelling.

Alot of Nascar coverage on Speed, and like it or not Nascar IS* pretty mainstream.

Adding MGM, MoJo and Smithsonian, definately will get me to keep the full HD package, but Tennis, Speed and Fishing doesnt do anything for me, but I bet i would watch them on occasion.

I agree they need to throw us a big bone or 2 with USA, Sci-fi and others as well.

But SOME new HD is better than NO new HD, even if its not that compelling.

I'll bet there are more people that FISH than there are people that drive racecars. :)

Ok, Ok, seriously. There are lots of niche channels. One person's niche is another person's .... uh.... NON-niche. If I remember right, Speed also has drag racing. And offshore boat racing, and lots of other stuff. I'd definitely be watching more Speed channel than fishing channel, I'm pretty sure.

Hot Damn the Tennis Channel hd!!!!

Number one on my hd list:up

Me too! Woo hoo! (and CNN HD, SciFi HD, would be great)

Guess my contacting E* every month for the last year might be getting me Tennis Channel HD...you guys wanting SciFi HD been calling E*? ;-)

Last edited:
I'll bet there are more people that FISH than there are people that drive racecars. :)

Ok, Ok, seriously. There are lots of niche channels. One person's niche is another person's .... uh.... NON-niche. If I remember right, Speed also has drag racing. And offshore boat racing, and lots of other stuff. I'd definitely be watching more Speed channel than fishing channel, I'm pretty sure.

Speed Channel does a great job covering the Formula One races. Also does quite a bit of Nascar reporting too. It is a great channel. Can't wait to get it in HD.

That is a joke, right ?

I sure dont expect Tennis Channel HD, anytime soon, as I'm sure channels like USA, CNN, and Weather Channel are watched way more, but Tennis Channel HD is TigerFan's and my #1 pick for new HD.

That's two of us within a very small group of people in this thread wanting this channel the most. Tennis Channel covers the Australian Open, French Open and Wimbledon, three of the four Grand Slam events.

And while I'm all for watching cars in HD going round in round in ovals a couple hundred times, try watching a ball the size of your fist hitting the court in E* SD - you cant even SEE the ball far too much of the time.

4th TV (3rd receiver) question

Replacement 622 keeps rebooting

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)