New HD Order

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

thedirtyjobs

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 7, 2005
Hi all,

I'm new to this so please pardon my ignorance. I finally picked up an HDTV. So I called DirecTV to have them come out and upgrade me. I'm in NYC. Word is that any second now the NYC area will be up and running with the new MPEG4 service.

However, the CSR's who took my order don't have any information. I've read heavily through the threads, so I know that nobody can answer the when will it be available in my area question. However, I'm hoping some of you might be able to take an educated guess on the following 2 questions.

1) They are coming out to my house on the 16th. If the new service is available by then, what are the chances that they will bring the 5 LNB dish and latest receiver?

2) If the service is not available, or if they do not bring the 5 LNB dish, what model receiver do you think I should expect?

Thanks,
thedirtyjobs

guffy1 said:
I would expect a 3 LNB dish and and an H20 STB as per posts #9-#11 in this thread:

I take it you are trying to say that I'm asking the same question again.....I don't believe I am.

I have noticed several people who post on this forum are in the business in some way. I figured they may be able to provide some insite as to how quickly an installer would be given the latest equipment when the latest service is available. I also figured they would know what the current standard receiver being delivered is.

Lose the sarcasim if you don't have anything valuable to add.

thedirtyjobs said:
I take it you are trying to say that I'm asking the same question again.....I don't believe I am.

I have noticed several people who post on this forum are in the business in some way. I figured they may be able to provide some insite as to how quickly an installer would be given the latest equipment when the latest service is available. I also figured they would know what the current standard receiver being delivered is.

Lose the sarcasim if you don't have anything valuable to add.

No sarcasm was intended..

I was just leading you to the answer instead of claiming credit for it myself..

Trust me, im not one of the trolls that goes around bashing people about that kind of stuff..

Im a D* basher and a D* apologist basher, not a general member basher, ask anyone :)

guffy1 said:
No sarcasm was intended..

I was just leading you to the answer instead of claiming credit for it myself..

Trust me, im not one of the trolls that goes around bashing people about that kind of stuff..

Im a D* basher and a D* apologist basher, not a general member basher, ask anyone :)

My apologies for taking your text out of context. I appreciate your help.

thanks,
thedirtyjobs

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)