New HD Reciever at Best Buy

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
EEJay said:
I noticed the lack of a DVI connector. Is there such a thing yet as an HDMI -> DVI converter as there is with DVI -> VGA in the PC world?

Yes there is. The new box might even come with it. Big stores like Best Buy also carry these. They are also now selling a cable where you don't need the converter where it has an HDMI plug on one end and a DVI on the other.

CWS_kahuna said:
Yes there is. The new box might even come with it. Big stores like Best Buy also carry these. They are also now selling a cable where you don't need the converter where it has an HDMI plug on one end and a DVI on the other.
I don't believe the box comes with the HDMI DVI convertor, and CWS is correct, there are cables that have DVI on one and HDMI on the other ends. Make sure you buy the cable online as B&M stores like BB will charge you an arm and a leg for it. Compare the 2m price from Monstercable to the link provided below.

http://bluejeanscable.com/store/dvi/dviprices.htm

Good Point Tonedeaf, The price of the cable at BB will be higher than what can be found from some quality companies online. I mentioned BB only because eveyone knows what it is and if someone needed one asap that's probably your best bet.

I'm thinking no - since the software look / layout of the Samsung H10 is identical to the Thompson / RCA D10.

There are HDMI/DVI adaptors availible. I went with the Monster Ultra THX800 HDMI-HDMI cable - (I decided to get the cables HDMI-HDMI since thats where the future seems to be going and it will reduce the cable cost once recievers start having HDMI support - or if I decide I "need" a newer TV) and I put a HDMI - DVI adaptor on the TV side (again the Monster THX) Both cable parts would retail for $180. (10 less than the reciever cost me............) But, the picture quality is phenomenal - and looks significantly better than the Samsung 360 w/ a Belkin DVI cable did.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts