New HD Release Schedule?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Rwwatson

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 23, 2007
Englewood, CO
Is there a "release schedule" for new HD channels on Comcast? I live in the Denver area, and other than some basic HD channels, we have very few. Don't have USA HD, SciFi HD, Speed HD, FX HD, History HD, and no national news stations HD (CNN, Fox, CNBC, etc).

So, are there release schedules, by area??? Thanks!

Is there a "release schedule" for new HD channels on Comcast? I live in the Denver area, and other than some basic HD channels, we have very few. Don't have USA HD, SciFi HD, Speed HD, FX HD, History HD, and no national news stations HD (CNN, Fox, CNBC, etc).

Comcast seems to do a very good job at rumor control. Nobody knows anything until the mailer goes out. The rest of the country has been getting most of those channels turned on, so I expect it will happen in Denver "soon".

We had CNN, USA, SciFi and several others (total of 22) go HD back in April.

Comcast seems to do a very good job at rumor control. Nobody knows anything until the mailer goes out. The rest of the country has been getting most of those channels turned on, so I expect it will happen in Denver "soon".

We had CNN, USA, SciFi and several others (total of 22) go HD back in April.

So only by a mailer? I am about ready to leave Comcast (even though I have been pretty happy with them overall) only because of the HD. Everyone else, even other Comcast customers, are getting these HD stations, but for some reason Denver isn't. Last October we got TBS HD (for the World Series), then we got Food HD, HGTV HD, and some other HD station nobody watches AND has no HD content, in April.

If other Comcast areas have SciFi HD, USA HD, Speed HD, etc, why cant all Comcast customers have it? And, back to my original question, how the heck do you find out when, or if, you will ever get any HD stations?

DirecTV has around 70+, DISH 50+, I have 20 (including locals). Doesnt seem very fair.....:(

Hey I jsut got the best news!!! FIOS trucks on my block this morning. In a month bye bye Comcast. Me and most others on my block!!!

So only by a mailer? I am about ready to leave Comcast (even though I have been pretty happy with them overall) only because of the HD. Everyone else, even other Comcast customers, are getting these HD stations, but for some reason Denver isn't. Last October we got TBS HD (for the World Series), then we got Food HD, HGTV HD, and some other HD station nobody watches AND has no HD content, in April.

If other Comcast areas have SciFi HD, USA HD, Speed HD, etc, why cant all Comcast customers have it? And, back to my original question, how the heck do you find out when, or if, you will ever get any HD stations?

DirecTV has around 70+, DISH 50+, I have 20 (including locals). Doesnt seem very fair.....:(

I'm in the same boat as you, overall I've been pretty happy with the service but I just can't grasp why we seem to be one of the last areas to receive new stations. I'm pretty sure that we have a good infrastructure in place so its either a lack of bandwidth or something else. May not be able to handle it for much longer before I begin looking at satellite providers for video service.

I called the other day and asked the same question. I'm in Northglenn and was told CO Springs just got SciFi HD and some others, but they couldn't say when Denver would.--Ray

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)