NEW HD RUMOR; 24 HD Channels for DirecTV..Bye bye Voom

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Best Buy has a deal going on where if you buy an HDTV, and $400 worth of either home theatre equipment or digital satellite equipment they will give you 10% off. I know that isn't much, but 10% of say $2000 is worth it.

One HD channel and the red carpet has been rolled out? Hmmm.. not yet, if you leave in Florida you can watch Marlins in HD all week long on Fox Florida HD. BravoHD has been in the Voom lineup for a while, still have more HD channels.

steverobertson said:
Thanks Scott any furthur updates? Any word on INHD channels?

Yeah, I'm interested in any updates too as "Chris Blount" posted a list of the new HD channels by DirecTV, and 9 of the channels are just the Sunday Ticket ones with NBC-HD E&W and FOX-HD E&W taking up four channels, and one "future HD" channel. I'm asking because I'm hoping this isn't the case.

~Alan

I saw this on DBS Talk Ilove football but have to admit if this is true it is not very impressive.

Rumor: DirecTV HD Fall Lineup by satellite

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is the projected DirecTV HD Fall lineup by satellite.

1. 119 Hdnet
2. 119 HBO
3. 110 Showtime
4. 110 DiscoveryHD
5. 110 ESPN
6. 110 HDNET Movies
7. 101 CBS-NY
8. 101 CBS-LA
9. 101 NBC-NY
10 101 NBC-LA
11 119 HD PPV/Spice
12 110 HD Bravo
13 101 NFL HD-1 (CBS-1)
14 101 NFL HD-2 (CBS-2)
15 110 HD NFL-3 (CBS-3)
16 110 HD NFL-4 (Fox-1)
17 119 HD NFL-5 (Fox-2)
18 119 HD NFL-6 (Fox-3)
19 119 HD NFL-7 (Fox-4)
20 119 NFL HD-8 (Fox-5)
21 119 HD NFL-9 (Fox-6)
22 101 FOX-NY
23 101 FOX-LA
24 Future HD

NBC up as early as 9/21 but could be as late as 11/15.

Well that adds up to 24 but it is not very impressive. The local HD helps me out since I can not get OTA HD and helps convince the wife that we need the HD Tivo. :yes

steverobertson said:
I saw this on DBS Talk Ilove football but have to admit if this is true it is not very impressive.

Since he posted that however, there has been more talk about his list, and one person disagrees with his list. What will happen, I don't know, but after one channel has been added, the real rumors begin!!

~Alan

I Am NOT Impressed! But I Think That Is the real lineup. I Guess We Will Have To Wait Until 2005 After The Football Season For Some Real HD Channels.

Before everyone gets into a panic ... these are just rumors!

I am sure that when D* makes the channels available and or makes a public announcement we will see additions other than football. While I am an NFL ST sub myself, D* knows the HD customer base wants more than football. I think all our "desires" will be met and there will be a few surprises. I do disagree with the September timeline though.

I mean really ... to "blow-away" D* will need 20 separate HD offerings ... not 9 NFL channels. Currently they have what I think we all would consider 7 HD channels (locals DON'T count). I can safely say the 9 NFL channels are WRONG because they are only doing 6 games a WEEK. Yes I see they are doing 8 in each of the first two weeks, but that does not change the fact that 100/17=5.88, so there will be less in other weeks.

The NFL-HD channels are not wrong.

Up to 6 games a week from FOX.

Up to 3 games a week from CBS.

6+3 = Up to 9 games a week for NFL ST.

The line from DirecTV is now over 100 games on NFL ST.

Carter said:
The NFL-HD channels are not wrong.

6+3 = Up to 9 games a week for NFL ST.
But it's wrong to count them as 9 HD channels. If HBO shows 50 HD movies per week, do we get to count that as 50 HD channels?

They are all going to be on different channels. But I agree, it's pretty cheap to count those in the 22/24 HD channels. when there's only 3 hours of programming a week.

Carter said:
The NFL-HD channels are not wrong. Up to 6 games a week from FOX. Up to 3 games a week from CBS. 6+3 = Up to 9 games a week for NFL ST. The line from DirecTV is now over 100 games on NFL ST.
http://www.directv.com/see/landing/nflhd.html

9 NFL channels is wrong ... notice they say over 100 but not "over 110" You're welcome to your opinion, however, D*'s management clearly stated they wanted to "blow away" Voom and sad to say, as compelling as HD football is, it would hardly "crush" Voom. D* will need more than 20 full-time HD carriers to do that ... that would mean adding 13 more HD channels (not locals) PLUS the NFL ST in HD.

Anyway, as is everyone else here I am pretty much talking out of my butt because I am not on the D* Board of Directors ... nor in operations. But some info is better than others and 9 HD Football channels would be the last thing D* would do.

I fear Chris's list may be correct, the only thing that is missing is TNT-HD which I am hearing is a done deal, and that could be the 24th station.

Kind of depressing, but really makes sense considering the NFL stuff in HD.

No, actually, they say over 125.. From the link you posted:

"And when you also add the DIRECTV® HD Package you'll now get over 125 total NFL games in HD, including ESPN Sunday Night Football on ESPN HD. That's more NFL games in high-definition than you'll find anywhere else – including digital cable."

Now, of course that does include ESPN.. but still.. ;)

Scott Greczkowski said:
... that could be the 24th station.
I don't care what they say, that still doesn't add up to 24 channels. The NFL games are individual events of a single package. The fact that they are mapped to different channel numbers is irrelevent... they can map them any way they like... that doesn't mean it should change the number of times it counts. They map ShowtimeHD and HBO-HD under two different channel numbers each, but we don't let them count those twice either. Even counting ST as ONE HD channel is stretching it. Many people aregued that ESPN-HD didn't count when they were only showing a comparable number of HD events in a week.

I don't really trust anything posted over at DBSTalk anyway. They are usually stealing news releases that are already posted on Satelliteguys.us

DaJoker said:
No, actually, they say over 125.. From the link you posted:

"And when you also add the DIRECTV® HD Package you'll now get over 125 total NFL games in HD, including ESPN Sunday Night Football on ESPN HD. That's more NFL games in high-definition than you'll find anywhere else – including digital cable."

Now, of course that does include ESPN.. but still.. ;)
With NFL SUNDAY TICKET™ only from DIRECTV, you'll get over 100 NFL games
in high-definition.

Right 125 ... does not count as SUNDAY TICKET since the games are NOT AVAILABLE THERE, they are FREE in the HD package

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Need Help getting 119 signal

NBCHD/E Ch 82

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts