New HD Satellite?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kriley13

Original poster
Oct 12, 2008
I heard that directv will move all their hd programming to a new satellite. Will they still leave the hd channels in the current 110 satellite? So would i need to contact directv to get the position fixed?

thanks

They will have and already have multiple new satellites the will beam the HD; not just one. Their multi-sat dishes will get you all you need.

Are they just moving everything to the 103 and 99 sats?

And do you NEED the Slimline or will the AT9 5-LNB dish do the job as well? I haven't been able to tell clearly if I need to change the dish or not (forums can be contradictory)

If you have the AT-9 (Sidecar) you should be fine. As long as you can see all 5 birds, there is nothing to worry about. If you start having signal difficulties, that's when some people prefer the AU9 (Slimline) since I've heard it is easier to lock in a good signal.

Wonder what they will do with the newly vacant 110 and 119 slots when they shut the mpeg 2 hd off?

so do you know how long i can continue to get hd channels from my current satellite and dish? and when the switch will be final?

I am one of those who can have ONLY one dish, so I just went with Intrenational. I am very curious on any news on getting Internationals, locals, HD all with one dish. Is there any rumor date floating around on when channels from 95 moved to either 110 or 119?

Your slightly confused...

Directv is about to launch d-12 satelittle, which will have 50 more hd ppv channels and overcome their national hd channel list.

Your slightly confused...

Directv is about to launch d-12 satelittle, which will have 50 more hd ppv channels and overcome their national hd channel list.

Have you seen anything about a date for when D12 is due to launch? AKAIK all that's been said is it's going up in 2009 but I haven't seen any press releases or threads about when it would be launched, and if there's nothing out yet about it I don't think it will be about to launch.

Have you seen anything about a date for when D12 is due to launch? AKAIK all that's been said is it's going up in 2009 but I haven't seen any press releases or threads about when it would be launched, and if there's nothing out yet about it I don't think it will be about to launch.

About to is relative to time.

If your talking constant os upgrades, about to could mean any moment.

If your talking things like satelittle launches and space trips, about to can mean 3-6 months.

About to is relative to time.

If your talking constant os upgrades, about to could mean any moment.

If your talking things like satelittle launches and space trips, about to can mean 3-6 months.
Or it can mean 10 to 14 months and still be within the timeframe DirecTV has announced. When someone is asking about when new HD channels would be available your response just misleads people.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts