picture not as crisp

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

russ222

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 4, 2006
wisconsin
i just installed a directv systen today everthing went great,,former dish person last nine years..anyway i just cant get a super crisp hd or sd picture..everthing is hooked up like before..conponet cable or hdmi i have tried.but still looks a little fuzzy??.does it matter which of the two cables go into the back of hr22??in any specific order//

If you mean "cables" as in the RG6 from the dish into the receiver; no. If you are not getting a crisp HD display, something is definitely incorrect.

Maybe you can tell us about your TV make & model and the receiver's internal options / resolutions setup.

sony bravia everthing is set to 1080i ,,i thought maybe i had the cables mixed up in the back..the rg6...i thought id get alot better picture.than what i have..

tried that looks the same..maybe im too picky..just after watching hd ,,i know thier is something off just cant put my finger on it..

I also have a Bravia - switch the HDMI input to HDMI 2 (mine has 2 input ports). For some reason, I get a much better picture using the #2 input rather than #1. Not sure why it makes a difference, but it does on mine.

on the hr22 do you have two have those bbc converters ..maybe those are cutting the signal down some??

still haveing the same problem..everthing is set the same as it was on my dish ec..its driving me crazy..watching tbs baseball today and its just not sharp on closeups i use to see every blade of grass on my hr22 it just looks blurry..sd looks terrable..

still haveing same problem,,i looked at my other two tvs in the hose they look great .but they are hooked up to h23hd recievers and there both 19 in tvs compared to my 50 inch i checked signal strengh and most are mid 80s to mid 90s on most satelites but i noticed on the 19 tvs there all in mid 90s no low 80s..im lost...is it maybe just the way hr22 dvr looks???on a 50 sony..i dont know .all i do know is my old plain 211 looked alot better ..

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)