New HD tip offs?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
satracer said thursday the new hd will start lighting up the end of april (provided there are no glitches) and will be released in dribs and drabs, much like dtv 10 did. some weeks will be less than others.

Apparently D12 will be at 76 for up to another 30 days, according to Sixto at dbstalk. They want to do more testing there. No way to know yet how this will affect the new hd channel schedule.

Apparently D12 will be at 76 for up to another 30 days, according to Sixto at dbstalk. They want to do more testing there. No way to know yet how this will affect the new hd channel schedule.
:mad::rant:

Yup I got a note from DIRECTV after I posted my MultiChannel Story about the STA.

No word though how this effects the new HD rollout.. (I believe they have space now that the NFL was using for Sunday Ticket)

Yup I got a note from DIRECTV after I posted my MultiChannel Story about the STA.

No word though how this effects the new HD rollout.. (I believe they have space now that the NFL was using for Sunday Ticket)

Not much without killing HD PPVs. NFL usually cut some of the HD PPVs on Sunday afternoon this past season IIRC.

The channels were still there, just listed "Upcoming:" in the guide referring to around the prime time area.

If thoses are actually the upcoming HD channels, I'm in no hurry at all. I don't watch any of them and they just look like "cheap stuff", maybe with the exception of ESPNU. I couldn't care less if that's true. I want AMC, Travel and all the premiums in HD.

So kill off some PPV now and turn them back on when the bird is there. :)

Lets get the show on the road. :D

Unless "they" think D12 is having issues and might not be "useful"; I wouldn't take away that nice pot of gold 'NFL' until it was in place.

Then again it might be nothing wrong... I just wish we had some serious good news from DirecTV and what channels will be added...

I wish I didn't sign this contract :rant:

Dish is looking better and better.

So kill off some PPV now and turn them back on when the bird is there. :)

Lets get the show on the road. :D

And it would be a good business decision, as I'm sure that video streaming on some of these new TVs is going to reduce the need for premiums and reduce PPV usage as well.:D

the fcc approved up to a 30 day extension according to dbstalk. dtv may not need all 30 days. this delay became known friday. thursday, dtv had amended their website to indicate new hd was coming in april. i don't know anything for sure but i find it hard to believe they would post the april date if something was seriously wrong with dtv 12. they had to know something thursday when they posted the stuff at the website.

I think the last one that went up was slightly delayed as well.
No big deal, when they start sending signals and the channels get turned on we'll be ready.
Like other have said, of the channels already mentioned, I'm not too inthused as theres not much that I would watch .... then again they obviously have not mentioned ALL the channels that will be added.

johnner,
If your expecting them to call you and tell you what channels are going up, you'll be very disappointed, but then NO company is going to tell you that ahead of time anymore.

D* did that in the beginning back in '07 and everyone complained if a channel got pushed back a week or was not on as a particular moment, so I don't expect to know any EXACT info until it's actually ready to be turned on.

Think about it, if you were not on a site like this and was just an everyday sub, you would have NO IDEA that D* was turning on more HD and even sent up another sat for that matter.

They guy I spoke with with said he had no problem keeping me in the loop with a phone call when he knew something.....like I said this wasn't a 800 service rep...I called the main switch board and asked for Marketing and talked with a lady named phoebe..she said she didn't know but got someone who works with the high ups I wanna say his name was John I think...But he said the list he gave me was final it just wasn't announced on the site yet but would soon. He said he was going to look into the HBO/Max channels as well as Travel HD and AMC HD. When I get more info I'll pass it on here

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)