New HD tip offs?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Hopefully we will find out how it works really soon!!

I keep hearing D12 will be up and running in March or April.
I'm guessing probably more like the end of April.
Even after it's in it's final resting spot position they'll be doing more testing on it.

This is just my guess but we probably won't see a bunch of new HD channels till at least 60 days from now.

Even after it's in it's final resting spot position they'll be doing more testing on it.

This is just my guess but we probably won't see a bunch of new HD channels till at least 60 days from now.

Most of the educated guesses have put the launch at the end of April or early May. Earlier would be nice, but I wouldn't count on it.

Most of the educated guesses have put the launch at the end of April or early May. Earlier would be nice, but I wouldn't count on it.

Well that would put it about 60 days from now ! :D

I would think that Travel Channel will be in the first wave as well....
I can see how one would think that, but you'd also think that they would give us some movie channels as well, which it looks like won't be happening. Instead of the HBO suite, we're getting The Africa Channel. LOL! DTV has gotta be kidding with this list. We have the most pathetic HD movie channel listing of ANY provider and they're wasting bandwidth on the Africa Channel.

I can see how one would think that, but you'd also think that they would give us some movie channels as well, which it looks like won't be happening. Instead of the HBO suite, we're getting The Africa Channel. LOL! DTV has gotta be kidding with this list. We have the most pathetic HD movie channel listing of ANY provider and they're wasting bandwidth on the Africa Channel.

You don't know instead of this, or instead of that about anything. You also don't know what will be and won't be happening.

If you're so unhappy maybe you should call DIRECTV tomorrow and cancel.
It seems like you'd be much happier with another provider since DIRECTV's HD movie channel lineup is so pathetic.

You don't know instead of this, or instead of that about anything. You also don't know what will be and won't be happening.

If you're so unhappy maybe you should call DIRECTV tomorrow and cancel.
It seems like you'd be much happier with another provider since DIRECTV's HD movie channel lineup is so pathetic.
I would love to. Unfortunately I am stuck for now.

I would love to. Unfortunately I am stuck for now.

Nobody's "stuck", just just if you're willing to pay the prorated early termination fee. Have you called and checked to see what that amount would be? Maybe between savings going to somewhere else and your well being would help make it worth paying the charge and going where you'd be happy.

New HD IS COMING!!!!

Hello all my Sat friends I got some good news or bad news depending how you look at it.......I just got off the phone with DirecTV offices talked with a very high up in customer service and got a list of the new HD coming very soon

BBCAmerica HD
The Africa Channel
ESPNU HD
MSNBC HD
The Hallmark Movie Channel HD
WGN America HD
FearNet

More were on the list he gave me but they were RSN's which I could care less for

He has my # and said he will call me when he hears more

i've read similar lists in the last month or so. it might be accurate. i don't like that travel HD isn't there and they need to get premiums in too.

I didn't call the 800 I called 964-5000 so this is very reliable...Yeah I wish AMC, Travel HD were there too. He didn't know about HBO/Max being added but was going to look into it

List looks very familiar to what Stonecold posted a month ago or so, he is a CSR supv. so it is probably truly the list in their system. I'd expect those to be the first round or so when D12 is ready late next month.

yeah I'm curious about fearnet as well, csr said it isn't going to be ondemand, a real channel in hd extra pack, looks like I'm getting that as soon as it's ready to go :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)