New HD Upgrade Question 2 more rxr's

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

48cj2a

Original poster
Apr 13, 2010
Central Illinois
I just upgraded my rxr to a HD-DVR (HR23NC-700) and the old 18" dish to a Slimline with SL3K4R0-02 LNB (4 cable out).

I ran a second line in for the DVR dual rxr requirements but would like to add two more rxr's for the kids bedrooms without running two more cables all the way in from the dish. I have a Perfect Vision PVMS-4EP (3 in 4 out) multi switch but I loose the HD channels so it must not be compatible with the Slimline.

Can I get a newer multi switch or is the SL3 LNB a multiswitch itself and won't work with an additional multi switch?

What m-switch with work with this newer LNB?

Can I get 4 or 5 outputs from just two cables in from the dish?

Zinwell WB68 ?

That multiswitch won't work for the Ka satellites. A WB68 fed with all 4 cables from the dish will meet your requirements.

Do I absolutely have to use all four cables to get 2 or 3 more outputs?

Have a brick house and ran the cables underground in conduit from the unattached garage, not sure I can get 2 more fished through.

Do I absolutely have to use all four cables to get 2 or 3 more outputs?

Have a brick house and ran the cables underground in conduit from the unattached garage, not sure I can get 2 more fished through.

You could switch to a SWM type dish that uses one cable, but for the dish you have you need all four cables to the multiswitch.

OP - so you basically have 2 choices then:

- Change the LNB in your slimline to SL3 SWM; you would then only need one cable into the house. The slimline LNB's are all interchangeable, so it's easy to swap. You'll also need a PI21 power supply to run the SWM LNB, as well as the appropriate SWM splitter. (a 4-way, I would assume) I would probably go this route, as this is probably the cheaper route.

- Add an SWM8 external switch to your existing slimline LNB; it also requires a power inserter, which should come with it. You can put it out right at the dish, & it also has 2 SWM outputs. DO be aware though, you can still only use a max of 8 tuners, regardless of how you split up the outputs.

SL3K4R0-02 LNB

hi! please can you tell where I can buy a SL3K4R0-02 LNB? I've looked it up in the internet putting that (SL3K4R0-02) and nothing appears... I don't have the brand or model or type of LNB to looked it another way..

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts