New Hopper Model?

Once Tivo gets a remote viewing ability (not just copy shows), I'll probably say bye-bye to Dish.
The same technology that gives you remote viewing on DISH equipment is available as an accessory (albeit wicked expensive) for TiVos so there's no real need to wait. I'm pretty sure you'll need to get used to much higher costs with cable and TiVo anyway.

IIRC, your tired old ViP622 had the same technology. It was announced in a Charlie Chat some years ago.

Well I can say there is one hell of a difference between the SRS installed on my previous VIP 622 and the new Hopper! Did not make any changes to the A/V receiver when installing the Hopper, and now the sound is balanced and much improved.

The same technology that gives you remote viewing on DISH equipment is available as an accessory (albeit wicked expensive) for TiVos so there's no real need to wait. I'm pretty sure you'll need to get used to much higher costs with cable and TiVo anyway.

If you're referring to a sling box, that's not the same thing. I don't want something that will take over the TV. I'd want something like we've got with DIsh, an App that can just stream the content from the box, while leaving the TV at home alone.

That's the thing with our fiber network, it's marginally more than dish right now. It's not like a normal cable company.

If you're referring to a sling box, that's not the same thing. I don't want something that will take over the TV. I'd want something like we've got with DIsh, an App that can just stream the content from the box, while leaving the TV at home alone.

That's the thing with our fiber network, it's marginally more than dish right now. It's not like a normal cable company.

Nevermind, it looks like the prices just went up this January as well.

HWS working with zero issues!
Was the tech's first HWS install. He did a great job on install! He said they still have a lot of Hopper 1's and are installing them.
Amazing DVR!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)