New Hopper OS With Larger Font Option

Ok, if you are going to provide a guide and a ota dongle, then please make sure the guide has info and accurate for all channels, every other provider has up to date accurate guide data. That should be primary, the fancy visual stuff to impress others in the industry is second.
Or, just tie those channels to the Tribune data feed. It would probably only take a small team a short while of initial programming. Then, it would be on auto-pilot.

Or, just tie those channels to the Tribune data feed. It would probably only take a small team a short while of initial programming. Then, it would be on auto-pilot.
It used to be on auto-pilot. Actually, it still is. In many cases, that was the problem because TV stations would change things on their end and break Dish's system. At one point in time, Dish had the data for all of the stations they carried on satellite as well as the sub-channels that existed at that time. Different things could break this, such as adding a new sub-channel, moving a sub-channel, or changing the TSID of channels. In my market, I've seen stations change from one network to another and the guide handles it just fine. Others have added a completely new sub-channel and it breaks the system.... Or, the local PBS swapped places with their -3 and -4 sub-channels or something and it's broken now.

It used to be on auto-pilot. Actually, it still is. In many cases, that was the problem because TV stations would change things on their end and break Dish's system. At one point in time, Dish had the data for all of the stations they carried on satellite as well as the sub-channels that existed at that time. Different things could break this, such as adding a new sub-channel, moving a sub-channel, or changing the TSID of channels. In my market, I've seen stations change from one network to another and the guide handles it just fine. Others have added a completely new sub-channel and it breaks the system.... Or, the local PBS swapped places with their -3 and -4 sub-channels or something and it's broken now.
The data populates based on the original channel assignments. It's the programming of the channel assignments for all of those sub-channels that will take the most time and effort.
Occasionally, sub-channels will change affiliations, and that could break something. But, it would be easily corrected. And, if Tribune was getting the correct change data, it should presumably carry over to Dish EPG, again, on auto-pilot. But, even if it didn't, once everything was programmed correctly, any changes would be relatively minor to keep up with.

And, from what I understand, DirecTV seems to have no problem doing this. Why not Dish?

From a technical standpoint, I don't think there's an issue. For a period of time, Dish seemed to simply fix things manually. If the data was wrong, you tell Dish as much detail as possible and they fixed it. Dish has simply chosen not to do it anymore....

This is really nice. Will it be a simple button to enlarge on the remote? Or on the box? This will be exactly like the zoom on your internet browser on a computer

This is really nice. Will it be a simple button to enlarge on the remote? Or on the box? This will be exactly like the zoom on your internet browser on a computer
It was/is a menu item on the 722. I don't see it being any different on the Hopper/Joey. It is usually a one time setting after all.

They showed some of the options related to this and what they showed was quite limited. I suppose you could possibly do it with a single button. On the ViP receivers (622, 722, 722k, ?), it had a myriad of options/choices.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)