New hopper with sling question

Technically all Hoppers can support as many Joeys as you want. But yeah, Dish's policy is 3 Joeys max per Hopper. Up to 2 Hoppers and 4 Joeys can be leased. 2 Hoppers and 2 Joeys is by far preferable over 1 Hopper and 3 Joeys. You can purchase another Hopper and more Joeys for up to 3 Hoppers and 9 Joeys.

How many Joeys can be used at once if they (1) share tuners or (2) watch previously recorded material?

All of them.

And let's not forget you can add an OTA tuner to each Hopper and have yet another tuner.

All of them.

3HaloODST has stated that we can have as many Joeys as we want on a single Hopper, or 9 on 3 Hoppers. I know and understand the max Joeys viewing live programming. But can I mate 9 Joeys to a single Hopper and watch 9 previously recorded shows? Seems doubtful.

Pretty sure I read somewhere around here that more than 3 Joeys can be linked at a time. Not sure how many more though. Overall though it just wouldn't make sense in most cases to want to link more than 3 at a time.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

So what is that number greater than 3? I contemplate 1 Joey/room, most of which are off.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)