New Hopper with Sling upgrade pricing

I'm looking for ways to reduce costs, not add to it. With this latest info, still going to stay put with a 722.

My pref, too. But both my ViP722s are starting to give me trouble. One, especially. No fan, have to leave cover off.

Just got off the phone with Dish retention. No incentive to stay with Dish after 10 years. DirecTv is coming tomorrow.

Guess I'll be hanging out on the Direct forum now.

I'm looking for ways to reduce costs, not add to it. With this latest info, still going to stay put with a 722.
I can understand wanting to save money, but I would at least upgrade to the original Hopper, if I were you. I believe it's only $50 now, and if you have the protection plan, you should be able to have it shipped to you for free.

My pref, too. But both my ViP722s are starting to give me trouble. One, especially. No fan, have to leave cover off.
So, the issue is they are running hot?

Just got off the phone with Dish retention. No incentive to stay with Dish after 10 years. DirecTv is coming tomorrow.

So, is that the only reason you are switching?

Upgraded yesterday to 2 Hoppers w/sling and 2 Joeys for $100. Also going to add a third Hopper w/Sling that I ordered from DishDepot.com for $359. Third Hopper and three OTA modules will be here next week and the install is scheduled for 26 February.

Upgraded yesterday to 2 Hoppers w/sling and 2 Joeys for $100. Also going to add a third Hopper w/Sling that I ordered from DishDepot.com for $359. Third Hopper and three OTA modules will be here next week and the install is scheduled for 26 February.

How does one get pricing like that? HWS are publicly listed at 100 each. I'm not upset, especially since I haven't ordered yet, but if I could get a deal like that I'd be delighted!

How does one get pricing like that? HWS are publicly listed at 100 each. I'm not upset, especially since I haven't ordered yet, but if I could get a deal like that I'd be delighted!

Well it was free when I called them in December, but I decided to wait till January. Then the Sling model came out so I didn’t call back till yesterday and got it at $100. He did quote me $200 at first but then I asked if a Valentine special came out. He had just gotten to work so he checked and then said yep, only $100. I really don't know why other than my 2 year commitment had run out long time ago. Also I was dealing with something called the Executive Team, not the regular CSRs. If I heard him right the team works the commercial and large home account customers. I have four DVRs now and wanted three Hoppers and two Joeys. That might had something to do with it, no telling.

.....So, the issue is they are running hot?.....

Fan in one is either noisy or doesn't run at all. So I leave the cover off.

The other one has cut recordings short or rebooted itself, etc. Hasn't done such for a while but I see the future.

Well it was free when I called them in December, but I decided to wait till January. Then the Sling model came out so I didn’t call back till yesterday and got it at $100. He did quote me $200 at first but then I asked if a Valentine special came out. He had just gotten to work so he checked and then said yep, only $100. I really don't know why other than my 2 year commitment had run out long time ago. Also I was dealing with something called the Executive Team, not the regular CSRs. If I heard him right the team works the commercial and large home account customers. I have four DVRs now and wanted three Hoppers and two Joeys. That might had something to do with it, no telling.

If you are ever transferred to the executive team or retention department, they have the power to give special offers to customers. When talking to the regular CSRs you will only be offered the regular rate. Now, saying that, don't think just because you talk to those people that you will automatically get the same deals as others. They will review your account and see what deals they can offer.

If you are ever transferred to the executive team or retention department, they have the power to give special offers to customers. When talking to the regular CSRs you will only be offered the regular rate. Now, saying that, don't think just because you talk to those people that you will automatically get the same deals as others. They will review your account and see what deals they can offer.

Wonder what kinka guidelines they go by. No telling

I had to talk to the executive team just for having 3 Hoppers, lol.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by mikeyinokc

I was going to switch because I could get into Direct whole house HD, with the Genie and clients. With no up front charge, and a reduced monthly for a year. However Direct really botched some of the information they gave me about their equipment. And they didn't show up for the scheduled install. I called after the scheduled time was up and they sent out a tech. What he said he had to do for the install was way different from what I was told on the phone.

Long story short I called Dish again. They have waived the up front charges for 1 Hopper w/sling, and 1 original Hopper & 2 Joeys. Install is next Tuesday. I'm a happy camper now.....didn't really want to leave Dish in the first place.

dishdepot has a special to buy the new Hopper with Sling for $199 http://www.dishdepot.com/dish_receivers.jsp

Nice option for anyone who isn't offered great upgrade pricing...

They even have a Trade-In special for people who already own their equipment:

Trade In Specials
(We will provide the prepaid UPS Label).
Any customer can receive a $75 credit on a 722, 622 or 1st Gen Hopper Trade in. Credit is applied to credit card used to purchase the Hopper with Sling once trade is received and verified as an owned and not a leased receiver.

Just goes to show that DirecTV is really no better than Dish when it comes to calling them. They're just like any major company, they all have crappy CSRs.

Any luck getting the price for the one you ordered adjusted down from $359?

No, he has offered some other things at least. He did not receive the info from Dish till late Thursday nite of the new price effective 15 February. I had ordered my Hopper w/Sling on 13 Feb and I guess he had to pay a higher cost for it and it must of been the last one he had, etc, etc. Anyway, oh well.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by mikeyinokc

I was going to switch because I could get into Direct whole house HD, with the Genie and clients. With no up front charge, and a reduced monthly for a year. However Direct really botched some of the information they gave me about their equipment. And they didn't show up for the scheduled install. I called after the scheduled time was up and they sent out a tech. What he said he had to do for the install was way different from what I was told on the phone.

Long story short I called Dish again. They have waived the up front charges for 1 Hopper w/sling, and 1 original Hopper & 2 Joeys. Install is next Tuesday. I'm a happy camper now.....didn't really want to leave Dish in the first place.

Congratulations. Persistence pays.

dishdepot has a special to buy the new Hopper with Sling for $199 http://www.dishdepot.com/dish_receivers.jsp

Nice option for anyone who isn't offered great upgrade pricing...

They even have a Trade-In special for people who already own their equipment:

What a great deal! Thanks for pointing it out. Any idea how long this deal would last?

I wonder if I could buy one HWS and order one leased HWS, and have Dish install both without extra charge? Even if I had to order a Joey (which I'd probably return).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts